Might return mine today :(

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Now we all complained and groped about this phone knowing that the battery life was garbage and we still purchased the phone ppl these days no offense to any one its just frustrating seeing ppl on different sites complaining about the same thing its a problem agreed abstract the fact is we. Knowingly purchased this phone with all its faults

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

The battery situation is annoying and, yes, all the reviews told us to expect this. But the lack of reception is criminal. And it's wide spread. I started Googling and there is a ton of noise about this. $ for the phone and $ for an unusable data plan is a scam. I'll never buy another htc product.

Dude i dont think all the problems have to do with the HTC hardware. its the 4G network thats causing the battery drainage. People say when they are on 3G, their battery life is fine. In addition, my freind has a 4G Samsung Indulge Metropcs phone and his battery drains in 4 hours.

mitchb2

Reaction score
But the question is why is there no 3g where my D1 always had it. It's 1x which is essentially no service. This is the hardware. I have literally the only Verizon phone at work with no service. AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile all have service, and we're a Verizon company. Htc blows.

UNC

Reaction score
A positive how about you dont have to pay for everything on a Driod phone. Yeah apple has an app for that, but it will cost you.

iphones are also basically completly locked down arent they? Driod phones are more "opened"

False. The D1 and Nexus phones are more open, but the newer Android phones are locked down and filled up with crapware like they are feature phones. The TB for example HAS to be rooted... It has tons and tons of crapware... The iPhone can be jailbroken, but its not mandatory to do it with the iPhone because Apple says "no" to all crapware (that they don't make).

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
But the question is why is there no 3g where my D1 always had it. It's 1x which is essentially no service. This is the hardware. I have literally the only Verizon phone at work with no service. AT&T, Sprint, and all have service, and we're a Verizon company. Htc blows.

mitch I have heard it's a hardware issue and it does not look like it will get fixed : (

The TB was "rushed" to make it's target release date. Unfortunately being "first" killed what could have been a good device.....

TDevilsG

Reaction score
The battery life in a 4G area with a little bit of tweaking will last you a full day's worth. I'm pretty happy about the phone itself - it's not a gigantic, significant leap from my Droid 1, but it's definitely a step up. I will keep it because it's fast and because the screen is beautiful. I really dislike the virtual keyboard so far, but that is a matter of preference that I knew going into the purchase. I'm willing to be patient and wait until the next physical keyboard, 4G Verizon phone comes out. When it does, I'm going to flip the TB on Ebay and purchase that. I will also eventually root this phone and put a custom rom on it. I might switch out the battery but refuse to put in the camel, supercharged battery.

TDevilsG

Reaction score
But the question is why is there no 3g where my D1 always had it. It's 1x which is essentially no service. This is the hardware. I have literally the only Verizon phone at work with no service. AT&T, Sprint, and all have service, and we're a Verizon company. Htc blows.

mitch I have heard it's a hardware issue and it does not look like it will get fixed : (

The TB was "rushed" to make it's target release date. Unfortunately being "first" killed what could have been a good device.....

I think the minority of people would call this a bad device. I think it's good. Like the first Droid and those that succeeded it, the phone evolves into something better when independent developers get their hands on it and start making tweaks with custom roms. Its at that point that the true potential of the phone is realized.

I do feel bad for Mitch, though. I'm sorry you've run into this problem. If there is no fix, of course you deservedly should take it back.

Last edited:

Pumaro

Reaction score
I'm happy with mine. I get 11 hours out of mine in mostly a 4G area.

sent via ThunderBolt

alboboy10

Reaction score
I was using it just before, and it was losing 1% every minute of use, or even quicker...in 3G or 4G. God I really hope it's like this cause it's the first day with it.

slinky

Reaction score
I hate the fact that someone's incompetent son was the brain trust of some of the design. But overall, I still like the phone enough to say the guarantee of unlimited 3G, the much faster speed and the pretty nice hardware makes it a keeper.

rcd213

Reaction score
Loving mine in NYC. The network is super fast, fair battery life ( it lasts me from 8am-~11 pm with moderate usage) , and 99% of the time I've got 4g. Plus my d1 was on its last leg, and I needed a new phone with a larger screen.

shortsxit

Reaction score

I'm getting the same db reading that I got on my Droid.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
If you are unsure of keeping it, just take the thing back. You know when you have the right product because you don't ask yourself or others questions like this.