Might get Eris

DropC

Reaction score
I'm considering getting an Eris off of Ebay to play with. Seeing as FroYo is preferable, I would like to know which FroYo ROM you guys like the most. The phone is probably going to be used by my girlfriend, so if it breaks down on her, that's not good for me xD

J

Johnly

do it, who cares......enough people will tell you why they are right, but does that make them right? If it makes you happy f em.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was unaware of Froyo for the Eris...??
DroidForums junkie!

projektorboy

Reaction score

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Gotcha! Gotta love the Android community!! :dancedroid:

I was unaware of Froyo for the Eris...??
DroidForums junkie!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-droid-eris/91653-droid-eris-roms.html

The stickied thread at the top of the very forum you're reading tells you what FroYo ROMs are available for the Eris. There was never an official OTA of 2.2 for the Eris, but the community found a way to get it running on the Eris anyway.

DroidForums junkie!

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I ran the dual-boot 2.1/2.2 ROM for a while, but it was too buggy for my wife. I think the issue was getting the partitions set up correctly on the SD card (I was using a 16G card, not the stock 8G). If it was my phone, I would have kept playing with it until I got it working correctly, but she wasn't interested in FroYo.

danimal3805

Reaction score
Its great so far! Soo many settings and customization options! Very stable for me, I'm a pretty vanilla user though, just do some light browsing and run pandora all day at work. Battery life is better than ever!

Sent from my CELBFroyoERIS using DroidForums App