might be a way to rock froyo/Gingerbread out on fascinate's with a simple app

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ok I was thinking to myself & reading through all the forums & thinking the only thing stopping us from rocking out froyo/Gingerbread action on are samsung Fascinate's is the kernel issue right ?

off the beaten track but need to read to understand the train of thought:

Well being a former 2 week droid X owner & me being the modder I am I rooted it & as many of you Know the droid X has a locked bootloader but that has not stopped a well known android developer by the name of Jrummy to Develop a app to Overclcok the Droid X even with the locked bootloader but still the system is reading that the phone is still running a 1ghz speeds

Main Idea :

Well I was thinking why cant a more experienced dev than myself as I just started out as a developer a more experienced dev develop a app along the same lines to trick are fascinates into running Froyo/Gingerbread roms but still using the kernel we currently are using I am guessing the kernels might need to be tweaked but I think this is possible I believe if a more experienced dev contacted Jrummy he would give the source code to them to develope off of I am not sure but pretty sure he has it @ GITHUB

IamGov

Reaction score
Grammur?

Kernels are not the only issue here. You need source code to at least an unofficial release of 2.2/2.3 for the phone. Jrummy was able to work his magic through many more complex programming than what you have described above. Basically he took the stock kernel and added the ability to overclock, then tricked the Moto lock into thinking it was still the stock loader.

To do what you say you would need to develop a kernel based off a Galaxy S Gingerbread build. Then get with a bootloader dev and have them make sure you can get the kernel loaded.

Read the original posts of those first hacking and developing, it was not pretty. It takes a lot of time and none of the hacked kernels really get solidified until the official release comes out, case in point the gallery on 2.2. Devs worked around the clock to get the gallery to work, but not until the second to last "pre-release" of 2.2 did the gallery start fully functioning.

My point, you need a starting point. Google has no Gingerbread starting point for the Galaxy series phones. Sorry the Nexus S one won't work, but best of luck and if you find a way I will donate!

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Didn't u post this at xda as well?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Yes I did but trying to drum up some community support

Grammur?

Kernels are not the only issue here. You need source code to at least an unofficial release of 2.2/2.3 for the phone. Jrummy was able to work his magic through many more complex programming than what you have described above. Basically he took the stock kernel and added the ability to overclock, then tricked the Moto lock into thinking it was still the stock loader.

To do what you say you would need to develop a kernel based off a Galaxy S Gingerbread build. Then get with a bootloader dev and have them make sure you can get the kernel loaded.

Read the original posts of those first hacking and developing, it was not pretty. It takes a lot of time and none of the hacked kernels really get solidified until the official release comes out, case in point the gallery on 2.2. Devs worked around the clock to get the gallery to work, but not until the second to last "pre-release" of 2.2 did the gallery start fully functioning.

My point, you need a starting point. Google has no Gingerbread starting point for the Galaxy series phones. Sorry the Nexus S one won't work, but best of luck and if you find a way I will donate!

& we do have 2.2 of of fascinate but it is TELUS NOT VERIZON

[TELUS ONLY] [LEAK] OFFICIAL 2.2 for Fascinate 3G+ so it was just a idea I have been a long time android fan 2 years now since original Droid sorry I am just decided to throw my hat into the ring as a developer just starting sorry for that

jdellingson7

Reaction score
Don't know i you ever have used Ultimate Droid's rom's but Blackdroid is currently working on the Gingerbread Rom. Should be out very soon.