Midnight Release?

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of a midnight release for this? I've been waiting .... forever for this phone and fate has it I am leaving Thursday morning before VZW opens and will be gone all weekend and would rather not buy it while I was out of town.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of a midnight release for this? I've been waiting .... forever for this phone and fate has it I am leaving Thursday morning before VZW opens and will be gone all weekend and would rather not buy it while I was out of town.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I asked my Business Account Manager, and they weren't told of a release. I remember the Droid X release was the same way... I just kept checking the website starting at about 5pm EST and I believe it was first available to order at 7pm the day before the release date (with overnight shipping, it came the day after it was released in stores).

razng2grtboys

Reaction score
agree with previous post...keep checking verizonwireless.com tomorrow night or Thursday morning, before you leave, and you should be able to buy it. I am not going into the store either.

Sleeve

Reaction score
If your account is old enough that you're allowed to bill equipment directly to your account (I don't know how long that is, but mine is) then VZW corporate stores will accept full payment today and pull a unit from stock before they open Thursday morning. I will be doing this tonight. I'll come back here and post if the result is any different. General feeling from the store near me is this was a hyped launch but it doesn't warrant a midnight opening. They also said HTC is normally very generous with their launch inventory. I asked because I won't be able to pick up our TBs until just before they close Thursday night.

Reaction score
I just looked back in my order history, and I ordered my Droid X on July 14th at 11:30 PM EST. The official release date was July 15th.

The only other time that would make sense to me would be 3 AM EST/Midnight PST (like they did with the iPhone 4, etc.)

motty69

Reaction score
I get up every weekday at 5:00AM eastern. So I'll just be ordering it Thursday morning. Even if they do launch it at midnight on the west coast, I doubt they will sell out in 2 hours.

Of course I'll check before I go to bed tomorrow night too, just it case. ;)

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App

fishfood

Reaction score
The VZW Corporate store local to me (Tampa, FL) said that there won't be any pre-orders and the stores will be open at 0900 as usual. Somewhat disappointing (would like to have seen at least SOME fanfare!) but the silver lining is that at 0901 on Thursday morning, this Irish boy will be playing with his very own Thunderbolt on Tampa's 4G network!!
dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

OP
AmericanNomads
Reaction score
Im not all that worried about if Ill get it ... Im more worried about when Ill get it haha. I want to have it with me while Im gone for the weekend haha

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
The VZW Corporate store local to me (Tampa, FL) said that there won't be any pre-orders and the stores will be open at 0900 as usual...

That is also what the Brandon, FL store told me. I, also, will be there at 0900. :icon_ banana:

razng2grtboys

Reaction score
I'm ordering online @ vzw.com. Does anyone have accurate information as to when I'll be able to place my order? 3am EST?

Reaction score
I'm ordering online @ vzw.com. Does anyone have accurate information as to when I'll be able to place my order? 3am EST?

No one has solid information, as VZW isn't doing a pre-order window.

Based on historical releases (not related to Apple products), I would start checking the site before midnight EST tonight. I will check every 30 minutes or so starting at 5pm and hope that I see it before I fall asleep, lol

razng2grtboys

Reaction score

No one has solid information, as VZW isn't doing a pre-order window.

Based on historical releases (not related to Apple products), I would start checking the site before midnight EST tonight. I will check every 30 minutes or so starting at 5pm and hope that I see it before I fall asleep, lol

Thanks JB...my plan is to go to bed early for a change and I have my alarm set for 3AM. I'm hoping to just get up, go online, take care of business, then catch another hour or two of sleep before a crazy day at work!

Reaction score
Thanks JB...my plan is to go to bed early for a change and I have my alarm set for 3AM. I'm hoping to just get up, go online, take care of business, then catch another hour or two of sleep before a crazy day at work!

I was told that supplies online will not be an issue, so I wouldn't worry too much about needing to order it right away anyway.

I suppose worst case, you could probably just wake up and go into a store to purchase anyway. Though there is a bit more demand for the TBolt, I was told by my local store that when the Droid X was released, they had the phones until about 5pm on release day. (This was a Mall store, so they opened at 10:30am I think...)

Sputnick

Reaction score
What about ordering over the phone? Does anyone know when the soonest would be to call and order one?

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App