middle screen not responding

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
4a41c5ad-e2a7-c106.jpg

the black parts are areas I couldn't paint... I'm rooted with pe wiped and flashed a new rom but it didn't fix anything... is there a fix or is my screen broken?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
sweeeeet

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
hello

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but it could be your digitizer going bad.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

tylerwatt12

Reaction score
Same here flashed CM7 nightly and ever since m touchscreen won't work in the middle
P2qnb.png

xkKH0.png

OP
sweeeeet

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
digitizer? haven't heard that word before.... now it seems its gotten to the whole left side.... sometimes a bunch of reboots fixes the left side but the middle never comes back

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nevermind, see your on PE, did you have this problem before rooting and flashing a rom?

OP
sweeeeet

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been rooted a long time... I tried wiping everything and flashing the new PE but that didn't help so I flashed my backup and stayed on the older one..... been on this version for months.... should I wipe all and try a diff rom maybe?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been rooted a long time... I tried wiping everything and flashing the new PE but that didn't help so I flashed my backup and stayed on the older one..... been on this version for months.... should I wipe all and try a diff rom maybe?

It's a PITA, but you could try flashing back to stock and see if the problem is still there. If not, reroot and flash a different rom. If the problem is still there then it's probably your digitizer.

OP
sweeeeet

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

It's a PITA, but you could try flashing back to stock and see if the problem is still there. If not, reroot and flash a different rom. If the problem is still there then it's probably your digitizer.

PITA? ill give it a try tomorrow, nothing lost. I have some time to kill with this phone till I order my next one.... why couldn't this break in a month lol

OP
sweeeeet

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
tried some things today .... wiped a bunch ... installed cyanogen (however u spell it) didnt help.... wiped and installed miui didnt help... went to a jan 2011 backup, didnt help.... i'm guessing its broken hardware at this point

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I watched this video [video=youtube;dE81IaQHEHc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE81IaQHEHc[/video] looks like alot of work, but I think that's your only option at this point unless you want to pay someone to fix your phone.

OP
sweeeeet

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
problem solved..... got a droid x LOL .... thanks everyone for the help but the d1 was done and i wasn't gonna dissect it trying to bring it back to life.. im not to good w that kinda stuff and with this little hardware my big hands are obstructive ha.... dx has been a really nice rental for the time being before the next batch of phones come out, hopefully a bionic

hope this thread helps someone repair their phone

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry your droid is messed up, I hope you enjoy your new phone.

ludemon

Reaction score
Hi, Did you ever find out what caused the area to not respond? I have the exact same problem with a HTC Incredible S and fitted a new digitizer screen thinking that would solve it, but still the condition remains.

View attachment 63122

OP
sweeeeet

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Never fixed it.. replaced the phone

Sent from my DROID BIONIC