Middle of the night notifications

scott_madison1

Reaction score
Ok, searched for a while and didn't find exactly what i was looking for. Is there an app that i can get that turns off email notifications at night? I'm tired of getting woke up by a random 2am email. Preference would be to have one that i can tell it for instance no email notifications from 11pm to 6 am. But any other advice on how to do it would be great.

Thanks all!
Happy droid owner

jeffboy757

Reaction score
i use an app called timeriffic, its pretty cool you can set the phone to do pretty much anything at specified times. what i do it set the phone to go on airplane mode from 230am-630am, saves tons of battery

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, searched for a while and didn't find exactly what i was looking for. Is there an app that i can get that turns off email notifications at night? I'm tired of getting woke up by a random 2am email. Preference would be to have one that i can tell it for instance no email notifications from 11pm to 6 am. But any other advice on how to do it would be great.

Thanks all!
Happy droid owner

i have this program that shuts turns my phone into airplane mode at night like that. its called juice defender. i bought its addon as well, its great. :)

Stretch2m

Reaction score
You can also take a look at Tasker, which will allow you to do what you want, plus gives you the ability to control a lot more than just your sound settings. Just about everything, actually.

dclutter1

Reaction score
I use "Quick Profiles". It lets you create profiles that change the settings for notifications and some other things like screen brightness, etc.

You may also be interested in "Auto Ring". I don't use it myself but I just found it for my wife. It lets you create a white-list of number that will still ring when the phone is silenced. Great for night shift workers who sleep during the day and don't want to be awakened by random callers but still want to be available in case of emergency.

Also definitely check out tasker. Apparently it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Bdog

Reaction score
i use an app called timeriffic, its pretty cool you can set the phone to do pretty much anything at specified times. what i do it set the phone to go on airplane mode from 230am-630am, saves tons of battery

I use the same app to silence my phone at night or during appointments as well as another app called Unavailable that will automatically reply to text messages when I set it for sleep or appointments, or even when I'm driving. Both apps are absolutely free in the market, and work great for me

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been using Timeriffic since I got my Droid in November. It's never failed me yet. I highly recommend this app because it will do exactly what you're looking for.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Timeriffic. Great app (free), time based configurations...ie...turn off the volume for notifications of email/txt at night but leave the phone ringer on. Or turn it off.

Wi-Fi
Bluetooth
Phone ringer volume/vibrate
Text message/Email volume/vibrate
Alarm volume
Media volume
Airplane Mode on/off

All set by time profiles.

Screen brightness

Spartan

Reaction score
I use Bedside and it works great. Turns my phone into my alarm clock. Give the option to turn off notifications. I turn off all, but keep the phone on in case of that emergency call in the middle of the night.

lyam

Reaction score
Timeriffic is wonderful and quite easy to use. And free.

If you want even more control, check out Tasker. It allows you to do what you want plus more. Much more. This app easily allowed me to replace at least 4 other apps and gave me more control than any of the four. It's a paid app, though. And has a slight learning curve depending on the complexity of the task at hand.