MicroUsb pins broke; rooted, out of warranty

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by wigout, Mar 4, 2011.

1. wigout

wigout New Member

From another thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tech-issues-bug-reports-suggestions/21468-microusb-port-broke.html

(I have started this as a new thread, as the other was quite old)

A similar thing happened to me.

I was trying to put the phone on the charger and it was difficult. I looked inside and one of the pins has been pushed inside of the phone. That is four pins are there looking not quite perfectly uniform/lined up and one is gone.

I purchased my droid in November 09, so I don't think any warranty stands on it. I don't have insurance.

I was wondering whether your phone was out of warranty or what exactly you went through to get it returned.

To complicate matters, my droid is rooted using this method:
    Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

When I try to plug in the usb cable anyway, the droid immediately power cycles and keeps power cycling.

My wife has a droid so I am able to alternately charge my battery with her phone, but that's kind of limiting. I'd rather not live with that.

Here's another broken microusb thread where someone had it rooted:Need to set my phone back to stock without using the usb cable

They wanted to return to stock and gave up- eventually microwaving their phone. They had insurance, which again I lack.

So: how to unroot without a usb cable? Should I unroot? (my feeling is I should if there's a chance I can get it swapped)

And what's my chances of getting the broken microusb phone exchanged for a refurbished phone since I'm out of warranty?

Thanks,
    wigout
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Getting them to replace a Device that is almost 16 months old....Highly Doubtful.
    You might get them to allow you to buy a CLN one for cheap...
  3. geoff5093

geoff5093 New Member

I returned a rooted D1 that was damaged to Verizon over the summer and never heard from them.
Search tags for this page
android broken microusb
direct inside data pins s3 usb port motherboared to root
how can i charge my droid if the charger connector is broke
how to charge my phone with broken prongs
how to fix broken pin from micro usb

how to fix micro usb pin

how to fix micro usb pins
how to fix prongs on usb micro charger
prongs broken in usb port
repairing micro usb pins broken s4
s3 micro usb broke off

samsung galaxy s3 prongs inside broke

samsung s3 usb pin connector broke

usb port replacement pin broken android

will verizon replace a samsung phone still under warranty for a broken charger pin