Microsoft Prepping to Launch Even More Android Phones

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Android-apps_Nokia-X_featured.jpg

Nope. That title above is not a typo. You may want to sit down for this one, just in case you pass out from shock. Do you remember the Nokia X Android smartphone? It was that small, low-end player in the market that Nokia made just before their sale to Microsoft. Most industry pundits and media folk (this one included) suspected that it was Nokia's way of "motivating" Microsoft to buyout Nokia faster. It looks like we were wrong.

According to the latest reports out of India, not only does Microsoft plan to continue selling the handset in India, they are actively developing a successor to launch as well. Supposedly, this next generation of Nokia X phones will have "physical home buttons and will be priced above dirt-cheap white label Android phones but below Microsoft’s entry-level Lumia smartphones."

I think we should start looking around for evidence we have stepped into the Twilight Zone! :blink:

Source: BGR

jspradling7

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents... Microsoft has to adapt or die. The shrinking PC/Laptop market can not support their bloated corporate structure much longer. All that "free" money from the clever Windows licensing scam created long ago is going to shrivel up more and more. As Linux grows and the smartphone/tablet markets expand Mickeysofts got to do something. Bill and his wife better stop giving their money away so fast. : ) They are late to the party and have a long row to hoe to get to the top of the new markets. Or, they can focus on the newest tech and get into wearables or virtual headsets or something, maybe they can guess where things are going and get there before the market (and their competition) does. It just seems to me that all the other players are in a better situation than they are.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
So is apple now going to sue Microsoft too? Looks like in the end it will be android dominating phone market just like Microsoft dominated pc market in the past and Apple will again become just a niche.

KaChow

Reaction score
I think Microsoft should shock the Android market and bring back the keyboards. Many people love their keyboards.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Gremlin

Reaction score
Lenovo just beat out Apple in the PC sales dept.. So i would not say PC is dying yet..

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
It doesn't surprise me as India is a huge market for cheap phones.

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
I think Microsoft should shock the Android market and bring back the keyboards. Many people love their keyboards.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

My wife would love that. She is still using her Droid 4 even though it is hanging on by a very thin thread.

jspradling7

Reaction score
I was on Verizon's site today and noticed that the new Nokia Lumina Icon had a 49.95 upgrade price on it, so I ordered one. It has Win 8 on it not android but I am still curious about how the device works. I should get it tomorrow so I can play with it this weekend.