Microsoft Outlook compatiblity/functionality

acpromedia

Reaction score
The Droid Bionic is my solution to a Palm that is no longer supported but a need to stay current with my office and Outlook remotely. I hope it isn't a mistake. Any advice on syncing with Microsoft Outlook and useful apps will be appreciated. Unfortunately my employer lives in the dark ages using Office 2000 and Internet Explorer from three or four generations ago. Oh, and by today's standards I am a professional novice - have a good understanding of computer basics but try to avoid spending too much time with my electronics other than for general needs. This is also my first time involved with a forum, because I want my Droid to be an effective, efficient, functional tool.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to your first forum experience!! Df was mine too.

Sorry to say I don't have any information about syncing with outlook. But for information and reviews of apps head over to the application section of the site.

Sent From a Tear in the Space/Time Continuum...

companionlink

Reaction score
First off, nice choice on the Bionic. We just got one in the office and it's definitely a nice phone! Now, on to your questions...

...using Office 2000...

That part right there limits your options - fortunately it doesn't eliminate all options. Take a look at SyncDroid.net to see what I mean. They list various sync options for Android - Outlook sync, but as you can see, many of the solutions there don't go back to Outlook 2000. That said, there are some that do. Including ours - CompanionLink for Outlook.

I can't really speak for the other options, but I can tell you that CompanionLink for Outlook can handle contacts, calendars, tasks, memos, & categories when used in conjunction with our (free) Android app, DejaOffice. We also offer a variety of sync methods - from USB to WiFi and more. If you have specific questions about our software/process, just let me know!

As for other useful apps - I love Dropbox for storing files, Evernote (and Skitch) for notes, and Google Voice for calling/texting from a number other than my personal one.

Hope this helps!

- David Z.

OP
A

acpromedia

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation. Your program is one of two I am seriously considering. First I have to make sure our IT dept. will install it on my PC so that I can test it out. It appears it would be similar to what I used to do with my Palm.