Microsoft Office Preview is Now Available for Android Tablets on the Google Play Store

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jan 6, 2015.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

Microsoft made good on their promise to bring Office to Android tablets. They just made the Office Preview available for Android tablets and you can get it at the Google Play Store. This "Preview" version is basically like an extended "beta" test, although most of the kinks have already been worked out. The program is designed to get feedback from users so Microsoft can improve upon the Android tablet version of Office.

There are a few limitations worth considering before trying out this Office Preview. Here's a quote from Microsoft's blog with the full details,

Finally, keep in mind that the "preview" versions of Office are actually broken up into Office's constituent parts. Word, Excel & PowerPoint must be downloaded separately: microsoft office preview - Google Play

Source: Microsoft Office Blog

2. thunderbolt_nick

thunderbolt_nick Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +724
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    Twitter:
    @nickburress2k2
    Using it now. Pretty neat. Ignore the reviews, I didn't need an Office 365 sub to save docs. Made my new resume!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,437
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    Google Docs and Open Office get the jobs done for me just fine, but I don't find myself needing an office suite too often at home.

Might download this just to play with it, but doubt I'll keep it very long.