Microsoft Launches Several Impressive New Devices at Today's Press Event

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I do like the Surface 3 a lot. But totes agree it's way too over priced. Don't forget to add another $130 for the keyboard.

Yes, Kodiak, horrible lapability.

Last edited:
OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No offense, but if I want Microsoft coverage I'll go to a Microsoft fanboy site. And this is in Android News?? Focus, please???
Two things... One, we made sure to categorize this one as "off topic" just to make clear it wasn't our focus. We can appreciate all technology here, and this was the biggest tech news across the web on the day it was reported.

Two, Microsoft is one of Android's competitors and the new Windows 10 is pre-installed on this new Surface Tablet and their new Lumia smartphones. Sometimes it's important to see what the competition is doing to make valid comparisons.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Two things... One, we made sure to categorize this one as "off topic" just to make clear it wasn't our focus. We can appreciate all technology here, and this was the biggest tech news across the web on the day it was reported.

Two, Microsoft is one of Android's competitors and the new Windows 10 is pre-installed on this new Surface Tablet and their new Lumia smartphones. Sometimes it's important to see what the competition is doing to make valid comparisons.

Right on. I've been noticing a lot of this mentality lately about 'focusing' when it comes to delivering content. Not just here but on sites like Android Central and TWiT. Everyone wants them just to report on whatever they are labeled as. I got a couple of things to ask:
  1. How interesting would those sites really be if they just reported on that topic?
  2. What does a Blackberry site do now? Or is it just Android now? Where is the line exactly drawn?
  3. Is ignoring the article/thread that hard to do?
  4. This is probably the most important of them all. Do you not think any others are interested in these stories?
I'm having a bit of a tyrannical day (maybe even week) so apologies for the oncoming snarkiness/sarcasm

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
75% Android. 20% other mobile tech. 5% misc BS. Works for me.

Tap'n Turbo

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
MS will never get it completely. It's the every other rule. 11 will suck. 12 will rock. :D
Best thing they've done recently is Office on iOS and Android. Brilliant move there.

Tap'n Turbo

There won't be an eleven or twelve. They said it will just be called Windows 10 from here on out.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Let me know when Sammy makes an Edge with Windows...and Edge! :D

Tap'n Turbo

That would be sweet. It's very easy to invest in an Android/Windows phone combination right now if one were to buy the MI Note 4 (I think that's the one). Microsoft released a factory image to be installed on it.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
That would be sweet. It's very easy to invest in an Android/Windows phone combination right now if one were to buy the MI Note 4 (I think that's the one). Microsoft released a factory image to be installed on it.

Wasn't Elephone also working to release something in the dual boot area - not sure that it has came to light yet...dual boot devices would definitely be cool to check out!

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Wasn't Elephone also working to release something in the dual boot area - not sure that it has came to light yet...dual boot devices would definitely be cool to check out!

There was talk earlier this year about a beast phone coming from them that could do it, but I haven't heard anything else about it.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
It is for business. For sure.
Personally? Not that interested.
I use a laptop I have for gaming and paying bills. I have a Windows tablet I use for work. I sit at a desk all day, don't want to at home.
Now in 3 years when I can cast Windows to my 42 inch TV and just use the phone as a controller? I'm interested.
Tap the phone, its a mouse. Tap again, a keyboard.
Now you're talking.

Tap'n Turbo