micro usb to usb2 adapter

mloewen

Reaction score
FYI this will not connect you to computer as it is the female 2 USB to micro
so I got a maleto male adapter for .99 cents on ebay and will use one of the many usb extensions I have.

I saw a mico usb to usb adapter on Amazon this would work right?
USB 2.0 A to Micro B Female / Male Adapter

This would fit in your pocket to charge on computer at work.

Last edited:

Silverwing

Reaction score
Its the same as the cable that comes with it...but its not much of a cable. If you used that to charge your phone, it would strain the socket since the phone would kinda hang on it. I'd suggest a cable instead of an adapter:

HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

It should have any length for half the price of the one from amazon. Hope that helps.

Although, if you insist on using that adapter, I am sure it would work (given you can support the phone at the same level as the usb drive is).

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Erm?

I dunno how the droids are, but the power plug consists of 2 parts on the Milestone, a power plug and a USB to Micro-USB Cable, so that you can either plug the cable in the powerplug to charge or in the PC to usb-connect....

is that not the same with DROIDS?

droidreajoh

Reaction score
OP
M

mloewen

Reaction score
I don't have a charger with the mini usb. I have used cheap charger I have for Ipod and it works great.

BillTheCat

Reaction score
I don't have a charger with the mini usb. I have used cheap charger I have for Ipod and it works great.

There should have been a USB to Micro USB cable in the box with your Droid. You can plug it into your PC to charge the Droid. You can also use the adaptor it came with to plug the USB cable into a standard wall outlet for charging.

OP
M

mloewen

Reaction score

There should have been a USB to Micro USB cable in the box with your Droid. You can plug it into your PC to charge the Droid. You can also use the adaptor it came with to plug the USB cable into a standard wall outlet for charging.

I have those I just don't have a mini usb so no use for the mini to micro cable that was suggested by someone earlier