1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

micro usb to usb2 adapter

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by mloewen, Nov 24, 2009.

1. mloewen

mloewen New Member

FYI this will not connect you to computer as it is the female 2 USB to micro
    so I got a maleto male adapter for .99 cents on ebay and will use one of the many usb extensions I have.

I saw a mico usb to usb adapter on Amazon this would work right?
    USB 2.0 A to Micro B Female / Male Adapter

This would fit in your pocket to charge on computer at work.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  2. Silverwing

Silverwing New Member

Its the same as the cable that comes with it...but its not much of a cable. If you used that to charge your phone, it would strain the socket since the phone would kinda hang on it. I'd suggest a cable instead of an adapter:

HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

It should have any length for half the price of the one from amazon. Hope that helps.

Although, if you insist on using that adapter, I am sure it would work (given you can support the phone at the same level as the usb drive is).
  3. RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger Premium Member Premium Member

Erm?

I dunno how the droids are, but the power plug consists of 2 parts on the Milestone, a power plug and a USB to Micro-USB Cable, so that you can either plug the cable in the powerplug to charge or in the PC to usb-connect....

is that not the same with DROIDS?
  4. droidreajoh

droidreajoh New Member

5. mloewen

mloewen New Member

I don't have a charger with the mini usb. I have used cheap charger I have for Ipod and it works great.
  6. BillTheCat

BillTheCat New Member

There should have been a USB to Micro USB cable in the box with your Droid. You can plug it into your PC to charge the Droid. You can also use the adaptor it came with to plug the USB cable into a standard wall outlet for charging.
  7. mloewen

mloewen New Member

I have those I just don't have a mini usb so no use for the mini to micro cable that was suggested by someone earlier
Search tags for this page

can you use a micro usb wifi dongle with a android phone