Micro SD Slot??????

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by papapena25, Jul 7, 2011.

1. papapena25

papapena25 New Member

I was just about to order a New Droid 3, But then I was looking at the specs on the verizon site and it says nothing about a SD card slot, just 16gb on board. And on another article about the release of the droid 3 says it doesn't have a sd card slot. But here on droid forums the latest news making it official states new security for sd slot???

Can someone clear this up????
  2. Meto

Meto Member

Looking at the quick specs on the droiddoes.com website, it does say it supports up to a 32GB micro SD card
  3. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod Premium Member

up to 32gb

DROID DOES
  4. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

It probably just doesnt come with an SD card.
  5. papapena25

papapena25 New Member

Cool thanks guys. I'm gonna order mine right now
  6. Yonnor

Yonnor I r Teh Greetest

Yes, it has an SD Card slot but doesn't come with an SD card pre-installed, it's one of the 1st Droids to come without an SD Card
  7. Maverick0984

Maverick0984 Member

It still comes with more onboard storage space than my OG Droid *including* the micro sdcard it came with. I'm not bothered in the least by this. I have several micro sd's laying around that need a home anyway. All above 8GB.
  8. woodyman

woodyman New Member Developer

9. Vito.a

Vito.a Member

Yes, it has an SD card slot (up to 32GB) but does not currently come with a card from Verizon. I suspect they were trying to keep the price down.
  10. Yonnor

Yonnor I r Teh Greetest

yeah same here, I will probably just transfer the SD card from my OG to the D3 and put an extra 8GB into the OG. lol I need to start selling some of these cards laying around.
  11. Raptor007

Raptor007 New Member

Keep in mind that the D3 is capable of 1080p video recording, and given the read/write speeds it is suggested you get a Class 10 microSD card. This may be why we don't get one with the phone. They are not $100+ but more than Verizon wants to spend.

Over in the accessory section I put up info about the Patriot 32GB microSD w/ SD Card adapter. New Egg is $88.99 and Amazon.com is $79.99 plus you get a $15 MIR with Amazon making theirs $64.99. That is pretty good pricing.
  12. Snow02

Snow02 New Member

Don't get that card. Myself and a couple others had issues with it locking up the phone, as most class 10 cards will do.
  13. Stevelord

Stevelord New Member

Right. Look up customer feedback on newegg before you buy. You'll see for that card the reviews are mostly negative.

Me personally, the 4/5 and 5/5 Newegg ratings have to be at least 80% combined for me to bite. And regardless, I always read the reviews. You never know what kind of information someone will reveal that could be useful to you.
  14. mattbooty

mattbooty New Member

Will a class 6 card be fast enough to handle HD video? Anyone know what the speed is of the card in our Droid 1's? I'm guessing class 2 (I yanked it out and there is a "2" marked in the corner of the card), I'm guessing we may have problems recording 1080p video to that? Anyone with better knowledge of removable media able to chime in?
  15. Maverick0984

Maverick0984 Member

Well, it has more to do with how the video is encoded then anything. 1080p can require a variety of different things, depending on this.

A Class 2 card generally provides 2MB/s write speeds. In most situations this wouldn't be enough to record 1080p at, but I'm sure the D3 records in a highly compressed format, thus reducing overall quality, which might make 2MB/s okay. I wouldn't really know either way until it was tried. It might not be able to default the recording of the video to SD instead of internal storage so the point might be moot.
  16. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

It would make sense the video is going to internal as the phone ships without an sd card, and it external was the only way then the phone would be shipping without video cability from the box. That would seem odd. But then stranger things have been known to happen from the mfg.

So this begs the question (if indeed internal), can you move "stuff" from internal storage to the SD card? I watched the tutorial in the faq. section here, perhaps one of the menu options besides sending to sms or email might be send to sd card?

Craig

Edit: I forgot to ask. Back when discussions of the class rate and D1 were happening, there seemed to be no hard evidence about what the D1 was capable of supporting, other than just 32, with no info on rate. Folks just tried and tested. Are there specs from Moto about this? Would be nice to have something more just "up to 32".
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  17. Amee

Amee New Member

I was going nuts when setting up my Droid 3, looking all over the place for the SD card that I assumed came with it. I had to go check the specs online to find that it didn't actually say it came with one, just that it supported 32GB.
  18. Raptor007

Raptor007 New Member

Pick up a class 10 microSD card and stay away from the cheap ones, they will cost you more in the long run. Amazon has Patriot 32GB with SD adapter for $64.99 after $15 MIR.
  19. Yonnor

Yonnor I r Teh Greetest

Im using a 16GB class 6 atm and it works flawlessly. I personally doubt i'll fill it up. Of course I keep all my music on my mp3 player though.

Beamed down from my Droid 3
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  20. rickerbilly

rickerbilly New Member

Comes empty. I dropped my 32gb in straight from my now "old" DX. Works great.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
Search tags for this page

does droid dna have sd card slot

does droid mini have an sd card slot
does droid mini have sd card
does the droid mini have a sd card slot
does the droid mini have an sd card slot

droid 3 sd card slot

droid 3 sd slot

droid mini micro sd

droid mini sd card slot

droid mini sd slot