micro sd card???

st.steven

Reaction score
I have a helmet cam I use when I race that records onto a micro SD card. Is there any way I can read that card with my Droid x, other that putting card the phone?
I want to watch the videos after I race, but don't want to keep swapping the SD cards at a dusty racetrack.

I do have a card reader with a USB cord that I use on the computer when I get home, if that will help.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
May be possible to get a card reader with a Micro USB cord, which would fit into your droid. Not sure if the droid possesses the software to load the files, but my guess is it probably would.

OP
S

st.steven

Reaction score
I did try to plug my reader into the USB port on the back of my car charger, and then the car charger into the droid. The driod didn't seem to notice anything was there. It just acted normal, no windows or anything notifying me of an additional device.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
No Android that I'm aware of supports hosting USB devices. You need to swap cards if you want to access what's on the card with your device.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No Android that I'm aware of supports hosting USB devices. You need to swap cards if you want to access what's on the card with your device.

Correct^^

Swap the cards or load them to a laptop then transfer via usb to the droid.

OP
S

st.steven

Reaction score

OK Thanks. I guess ill swap cards