Michael Bay Walks Out on Samsung During CES 2014 Press Event

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;_tqRyzTvNKE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tqRyzTvNKE[/video]​

Here's potential proof that at least some folks in Hollywood might need more "hand-holding" than others. Michael Bay apparently stormed out of a live press event during CES 2014. He was there to help Samsung showcase some of their amazing new products, but apparently because his teleprompter failed, and he wasn't ready/willing to "ad-lib" he decided it best to simply exit the stage. At the end there it almost looked like he was about to break out in tears at the situation.

It certainly looks like CES will be quite a remarkable this year, and it hasn't even officially started yet!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;_tqRyzTvNKE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tqRyzTvNKE[/video]​

Here's potential proof that at least some folks in Hollywood might need more "hand-holding" than others. Michael Bay apparently stormed out of a live press event during CES 2014. He was there to help Samsung showcase some of their amazing new products, but apparently because his teleprompter failed, and he wasn't ready/willing to "ad-lib" he decided it best to simply exit the stage. At the end there it almost looked like he was about to break out in tears at the situation.

It certainly looks like CES will be quite a remarkable this year, and it hasn't even officially started yet!

Is it me or does the clapping sound like the clapping in here

[video=youtube;otEm_aI2Vac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otEm_aI2Vac[/video]

Looks like people didn't care for that. I wonder how angry Michael Bay gets at his actors for forgetting their lines.

It is ok are going to get more clapping like that if your outer space based ninja turtles movie turn out to be horrendous.

2255501-michael_bay_even_ninja_aliens_think_his_ideas_are_  stupid_4_by_hectorsquall.jpg

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I love how the MC tries to help him out, and after MB walks off anyway the MC gives him the old "big round of applause for Micheal Bay, ladies and gentlemen". LOL, he says "I'll just wing it" and then makes virtually no attempt to do so. Whatever he had written must have been amazingly brilliant to be so worried about doing it off-the-cuff.

Either that or he just took the money and knew nothing about the product or what to say or how to promote it (to be fair, I'm not sure what would get me excited about a curved screen).

swc2001

Reaction score
If you could do a 360 glass dome... that might have some neat applications.... but simple curved glass.... limited and lame imho.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I think a side display with the ability to turn touch on the sides off and on would be cool..but would be a structural nightmare....

MAXXED OUT!!!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Just watched the video clip...this guy is supposed to be a PROFESSIONAL.. He puts his name on his movies like Bugatti puts their name on the veyron..

He asks his actors to be versatile... Yet he himself isn't .reminds me of the old saying.."never ask anyone to do what you yourself will not" :blink:

MAXXED OUT!!!!!

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Michael Bay caught an "L". The simple question was: What do you think the curved display can do for you when presenting your movies?

Michael Bay: er...um...I try to give people an emotional ride. Um...$#!+, I'm outta here.

LOL !

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Just take a page out of Trump's book....a bunch of over-the-top praise peppered with every adverb and adjective you can think of. Doesn't even have to have anything to do with the product.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Have a happy, and safe. And productive....yooo fired..(Donald trump voice)

MAXXED OUT!!!!!