MicFlip Update, Review Units Shipping!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

MicFlip is the first ever reversible micro usb cable. It was fully crowd sourced via Indiegogo and is just about ready to start shipping out to consumers. I just received an email from their PR department, and they are preparing to ship out test units. As soon as I get one I'll let you know my thoughts on it. In the email they also made a disappointing announcement.

Please notice , after many tests we've done to the MicFlip we noticed that the Type-A always lose connectivity so we decided to use normal Type-A plug.

That is a pretty vague statement. I am not sure if they mean the PC end or the cell phone end will be normal Type-A. If they mean the cell phone end has to be normal Type-A then this product is dead in the water. It would really be a shame if this is true. Their PR department has not returned my email asking for clarification. I will update this post as soon as they do.

UPDATE: Well that was quick. They got back to me to let me know the PC end will be a regular Type-A connector. The Phone end will still be reversible.

Last edited:

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score

UPDATE: Well that was quick. They got back to me to let me know the PC end will be a regular Type-A connector. The Phone end will still be reversible.

looking at the PC plug it makes sense, at mine stays plugged in 90% of the time anyways so that's a non-issue. I'm excited to see how well this will work.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Just in time for the roll out of USB-C. Wooda been nice 3-4 years ago.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just in time for the roll out of USB-C. Wooda been nice 3-4 years ago.

You gonna run out and buy the first phone with type-c? Or keep your current phone for a while

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
You gonna run out and buy the first phone with type-c? Or keep your current phone for a while

I'm not even going to waste your time and act like I'm not buying the next "flagship" device.
I really like my N6 but it looks like the next round of devices are going to have a spec or two that I want. Not that I really care about type C it just looks like they all happen to have it.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'm not even going to waste your time and act like I'm not buying the next "flagship" device.
I really like my N6 but it looks like the next round of devices are going to have a spec or two that I want. Not that I really care about type C it just looks like they all happen to have it.

I couldn't agree more. I love my Nexus 6 but man the Note 5 sure looks enticing. When it launches I'll know for sure if I swap it or to another phone that is coming out then.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I expect next year's devices to have type C connectors and eSims.