Mic in speaker mode

whoiswct

Reaction score
Where is the Mic when I switch to speaker mode?

It seems that the Mic (for speaker mode only) is located on the top of phone rather than at the bottom.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Only one mic at the bottom of the phone no matter if it is doing speaker phone or regular calls.

OP
whoiswct

whoiswct

Reaction score
Did you try speaker mode?
Try to speak to the both position ( top and bottom) and then compare the result.

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Where exactly on the top of the phone do you suspect it might be? There's only one hole up there and that's the headset port. Only one mic on this thing, at the bottom.

OP
whoiswct

whoiswct

Reaction score
I know. But you just test and then will believe that, It is much clear when your mouth near to the top of phone.

google123

Reaction score
I've seen somewhere that there is a second microphone pickup on the back up top toward the volume rocker. If you look closely, there is a minute cutout on the battery cover right above the volume rocker. If you pop off the back cover, you will notice a small hole in the plastic that has a cloth filter on it along that edge right next to the chrome surround. I think I saw this on a video review sometime right after the device was released. I think it was an unboxing video. Might be, might not.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I've seen somewhere that there is a second microphone pickup on the back up top toward the volume rocker. If you look closely, there is a minute cutout on the battery cover right above the volume rocker. If you pop off the back cover, you will notice a small hole in the plastic that has a cloth filter on it along that edge right next to the chrome surround. I think I saw this on a video review sometime right after the device was released. I think it was an unboxing video. Might be, might not.

That's for noise reduction.

The only microphone that picks up major sound is at the bottom of the phone.