MHL to HDMI FTW

OP
J

Jawbone

Reaction score
Now if only NFL mobile worked :(

I did try Hulu+ before they disabled the app. It displayed on the TV display "HDMI output disabled". I would not be surprised if NFL mobile blocks streaming to TV's:frown: Either way, I am just happy that Android market movies work..

wickedkae

Reaction score
so i just got one of these how do we get the the phone to go into MHL mode?

rjsurfer

Reaction score
so i just got one of these how do we get the the phone to go into MHL mode?

There is nothing to do on the phone to get the HDMI output, just plug everything in turn the phone on it's side and off you go,

Ron W.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
This might be a dumb question, but does the phone charge while using this adapter?

only if the bootloader is unlocked.

no just kidding yeah all mhl adapters i have seen have a usb charging port to them as well as the hdmi out.

be aware i have seen a review that states some are designed(as the one i bought from monoprice-should be here tommorow) to charge through the tv usb and dont play well with the normal ac charging..so something to look for. not sure if this really matters but someone in a review complained of this and monoproice said it was designed to charge through the tv's usb port.

I will test it when i get it. but yes it will charge.

for info. the mhl spec can charge through the hdmi cable, but i dont know of any tv's yet that support this.

Jamar

Reaction score
Alrighty so used this link, bought the adapter, plugged it in and it works great but uhh... it's not charging my battery. The phone says it's in charging mode but the battery percentage goes DOWN.

Have you had any trouble with your adapter like this?

rjsurfer

Reaction score
I see a slow discharge as well with that adapter, I'm wondering if my phone will last long enough to play a full length movie.

And another problem I'm having is the TV screen goes blank on occasion while attached to my GN, not sure if its the phone,adapter or TV?

Ron W.

Briankbl

Reaction score
Alrighty so used this link, bought the adapter, plugged it in and it works great but uhh... it's not charging my battery. The phone says it's in charging mode but the battery percentage goes DOWN.

That is normal. The discharge is more than the charge. So the battery still drains, just much more slowly. Your battery should last through several movies.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Jamar

Reaction score
That is normal. The discharge is more than the charge. So the battery still drains, just much more slowly. Your battery should last through several movies.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Makes sense. Just watched an hour & 45 min movie and my battery went from 77% to 59%. I'm not too worried. Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

prowler85

Reaction score
I did try Hulu+ before they disabled the app. It displayed on the TV display "HDMI output disabled". I would not be surprised if NFL mobile blocks streaming to TV's:frown: Either way, I am just happy that Android market movies work..

I tried this on my Bionic but you have to use the Google Video app, and it won't work if your phone is rooted. Is that still the case? Has anyone tried getting a movie from the market that was rooted and had it work (or not)? Just curious.....

OP
J

Jawbone

Reaction score

I did notice it discharging but I believe it was on a rate of 5% per hour of video. More then enough for a few movies on a charged battery.