MHL (HDMI) adapter.

magnus

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea if netflix will be updated to stream in HD on the GN?

Not sure, but the issue is not a software one. The RAZR was advertised as the first phone to be able to stream HD Netflix and mirror that onto a TV because it has special DRM that allowed HD transfer of content to the device. That was another reason why Moto is locked up tight.

Since the GNex is wide open Netflix will not allow it.

I'm not saying it cannot be cracked, but the issue is NOT one of Netflix support AFAIK. They deliberately don't want it happening on the GNex. The RAZR and Gnex both run the same app, yet the RAZR has the functionality

shamus

Reaction score
No no no, I am anal retentive and must make sure something is going to work the way I expect it to before I make a purchase, no matter how cheap. A simple "yes this works great with streaming" would suffice.

I would think if it plays something as intense as a 720p rip it would handle a standard DVD rip without an issue. If you want me to test anything streaming app wise (netflix or the like) let me know and I'll give it a shot.

qbertaddict

Reaction score
I use the mhl adapter to output my emulators to the tv and then use a six axis controller to play them. The nexus doesnt seem to have the lag issues that the motorola phones did. All the classics on the big screen with no lag = fun

vanvalks

Reaction score
Monoprice just dropped the price down the $10.20! I snatched one up- i'm sure I'll use it sometime!

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got mine this past week and it works pretty good. The only issue I have with it is that if you have an app that can't only do portrait mode it won't adjust on the tv so the screen on the TV shows it sideways.

prkrastn8

Reaction score
I bought the mhl adapter and hdmi cables from monoprice and I'm having issues. Lots of video clipping and sometimes it doesn't even work period. Anyone else having these issues? I bought a 3ft 28g hdmi and a 2ft 24g hdmi cord and both have the problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

ski4404

Reaction score
I have the monoprice adapter. Works well, though the connection must be a little loose because if I move the adapter while it's hooked up, I lose the video/audio signal for a moment.

I found that in order for the adapter to work at all, I have to have power plugged into the usb port on the adapter.

kenbarnum

Reaction score
I also have audio/video loss occasionally with this cable.
Is it a bad cable or jack or just the technology?

BOA

Reaction score
Hmmm so this is probably not the best cable to purchase although it's cheap?

destinydmm

Reaction score
I got one from Amazon for $20 and I love it. It works like a dream. videos on VSD (virtual sd card), Netflix, Angry Birds, Gallery, messaging, everything. Works perfectly. Had an extra HDMI, hooked it up, plugged my charger to the MHL and hooked it up to the Micro Sd. And it turns phone to landscape and starts right up. Must have sccessory!!