Mexico with a PRO

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by Zvoiture, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Zvoiture

Zvoiture New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Heard various things about the international capabilities of this phone and whether or not the Verizon/Vodaphone card actually needs changing or not... The last time I went to Baja, my basic (verizon, CDMA) phone worked in Tecate right at the border but then fizzled out as I traveled south. Anyone know what to expect from the PRO? And if it DOES continue to work in Baja, will it be with crazy surprise charges when I get back?

TIA

2. google123

google123 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You will probably want to call Verizon for the SIM unlock code and then use a local SIM card unless you want to get raped by Verizon charges. I don't know what their rates are but we all know Verizon is not known for cheap rates.

3. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 4
    Since the Pro has a GSM radio for global roaming, it will work just fine in Mexico. You shouldn't have to worry about the signal "fizzling" out (unless you venture into an area with no cellular coverage whatsoever) as long as you've allowed global roaming on your account. But google123 is correct. If you do that, Verizon will charge you an outrageous amount of money per minute/text/mb. Your least expensive bet is to call Verizon and have them give you the code that will allow you to unlock the SIM slot. This will allow you to use a local SIM card while in Mexico, and that will be much, much cheaper. The only downside to that is you'll have a Mexican number with the local SIM card, so you won't be able receive or make any calls on your Verizon number.

Search tags for this page
can a drid razr use a mexican sim card
does droid maxx works in ensenada,mx
does verizon global phone work in baja
droi bionic used in mexico

droid pro active mexico with sim

droid razr mexico sim card
how to unlock droid x for mexico sim card
using a droid pro in mexico
verizon wireless sim card mexico motorola bionic
will droid without sim card work in mexico