Metamorph ??

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by trajik, May 18, 2010.

1. trajik

trajik New Member

I am not sure I'm in the right spot but after a half hour of searching I can't seem to find what my issue is, it could be (most likely is) a problem with me or my process but I can't seem to figure it out so here goes...

I have installed Metamorph 1.9.8.5 the new XML version? I can navigate to my themes directory and see the XML file with the same name (Glass1.01) but when I click on it, I get pushed back to my desktop and it tells me the following. "The theme you have selected is invalid because the theme control file is missing or not correctly written."

I've tried searching this forum and Metamorphs forum but everything I get in return doesn't point me in the right direction. I would appreciate the communities help here...(Ima noob:blackdroid:)

Thanks
  2. GeneRs

GeneRs New Member

Try extracting the files in the .zip to your "Android Themes" folder. Then, in MM, hit "Pick Existing Theme". Find the theme folder ( Not the .zip ) that you extracted and open it. Pick the .xml and apply your desired themes. Should work. Always has for me.
  3. trajik

trajik New Member

That sounds exactly like what I've done. I did have the zips outside on the root of my SD card but that shouldn't matter or should it?

The individual theme folders are inside the Android themes directory...I'll try again from the beginning and see if I was just being stupid somehow but your response does sound exactly like what I'm doing.

Thanks!
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
  4. trajik

trajik New Member

still no luck

Ok so what is odd is that I am not finding a .xml file of the same name as the theme anywhere in the folder structure. I do see one or more .xml files but none of them are the one I'm supposed to have.

I tend to think the three themes i have are to old for the version of MM I'm running? I will look for a newer theme and try that.
  5. GeneRs

GeneRs New Member

Try googling "Android .thm to .xml converter" I know there is one floating around somewhere. Might just be the answer to your problem. Unless you can get the old Metamorph APK somewhere.
  6. trajik

trajik New Member