Metamorph to Change Notification Font Color and Remove Status Bar Clock

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Mbk, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

OK, this Metamorph.zip gives Bugless Beast users basically a 'menu' (of sorts) to System Font changes and Notification Font Color changes. Once you have the Metamorph zip on your SDCard, then you can pick existing themes and use it basically like a settings menu..... just like Source Built ROM users enjoy...

NotificationFontColorChanger_SystemFontChanger.zip

I do have plans to possibly add more types of Fonts to this, but for now I am using the Fonts that Skaggz had already packed... so credit goes to him for those fonts, as well as for this concept of using Metamorph to do this.
    I have not tested on any other ROMs or all BBv05 themes, if you do try it on those make sure you have a Nandroid backup.... feedback is welcome on compatibility with other ROMs/Themes. I do know that any themes that mod their framework-res.apk drawable folders by adding -v4 to it will not be compatible with this (like BnB, Kookahdoo's themes, not sure which others)

Instructions on how to use this MetaMorph...

> Download MetaMorph themes and place into AndroidThemes folder on your SDCard... then..

1. Launch MetaMorph
    2. Unzip/Extract new theme
    3. *select the NotificationFontColorChanger_SystemFontChanger.zip*
    4. *it will extract then prompt you...select 'Close'*
    5. *you will then see all of the SubThemes..Select your choice from the menu, the press 'Apply It!'*
    6. *it will then prompt you if you want to 'Continue?' ...press continue*
    7. *it will then apply the sub theme on auto reboot* (it may prompt you if you would like to reboot, if so select Yes)

Sample changeability>

*Ming Font w/Purple Notification Color, No Clock

[​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 480x854 and weights 515KB.
    [​IMG]

*Cartoon Font w/Pink Notification Color, w/Clock

[​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 480x854 and weights 66KB.
    [​IMG]

*Chancery Font w/Bronze Font, w/Clock

[​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 480x854 and weights 538KB.
    [​IMG]
  2. Mbk

Here's screenshots of what I'm referring to.... and I was able to put all of these settings changers into one Metamorph XML, whcih means that you pick the existing theme, select that XML, and all of the available settings changes will be in one scrolldown menu, basically just about like you'd get with Source-Built ROMs that have these in their settings menus....;)

Attached Files:

3. vstarx

vstarx New Member

nice i run bb5 would like to change fonts
  4. Mbk

I'll be posting the .zip today.... but I really thought that more people would've wanted this..... maybe they don't??
  5. peggsie

peggsie New Member

I think this is a great a great idea. I would like to change fonts and eliminate the clock.
  6. Chillout

Chillout New Member

I'd be all over that too!
  7. Mbk

OK, this Metamorph.zip gives Bugless Beast users basically a 'menu' (of sorts) to System Font changes and Notification Font Color changes. Once you have the Metamorph zip on your SDCard, then you can pick existing themes and use it basically like a settings menu..... just like Source Built ROM users enjoy...

NotificationFontColorChanger_SystemFontChanger.zip

I do have plans to possibly add more types of Fonts to this, but for now I am using the Fonts that Skaggz had already packed... so credit goes to him for those fonts, as well as for this concept of using Metamorph to do this.
    I have not tested on any other ROMs or all BBv05 themes, if you do try it on those make sure you have a Nandroid backup.... feedback is welcome on compatibility with other ROMs/Themes. I do know that any themes that mod their framework-res.apk drawable folders by adding -v4 to it will not be compatible with this (like BnB, Kookahdoo's themes, not sure which others)

Instructions on how to use this MetaMorph...

> Download MetaMorph themes and place into AndroidThemes folder on your SDCard... then..

1. Launch MetaMorph
    2. Unzip/Extract new theme
    3. *select the NotificationFontColorChanger_SystemFontChanger.zip*
    4. *it will extract then prompt you...select 'Close'*
    5. *you will then see all of the SubThemes..Select your choice from the menu, the press 'Apply It!'*
    6. *it will then prompt you if you want to 'Continue?' ...press continue*
    7. *it will then apply the sub theme on auto reboot* (it may prompt you if you would like to reboot, if so select Yes)

(I've also edited the op to show this info)
    Sample changeability>

*Ming Font w/Purple Notification Color, No Clock

[​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 480x854 and weights 515KB.
    [​IMG]

*Cartoon Font w/Pink Notification Color, w/Clock

[​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 480x854 and weights 66KB.
    [​IMG]

*Chancery Font w/Bronze Font, w/Clock

[​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 480x854 and weights 538KB.
    [​IMG]
  8. ClumsyNinja21

ClumsyNinja21 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

It's not you. This is a valuable option and I like to use it. Problem with bugless 5 is that it is a pain to metamorph a lot because of the ROM. Everytime you switch something in the framework, you lose settings, i.e. auto brightness. The fix can't be applied because, well the fix changes framework back to Pete's ROM setting. So everytime I switch something in his ROM, I have to manually adjust the brightness and it gets old. Don't get me wrong, I love Pete's work and it's the ONLY ROM that stays on my phone for extended periods. But I don't want you to think this is a dud. :)

EDIT- Sorry! And THANK YOU!!!!!!
  9. Mbk

Oh and I meant to add, you only need to extract the .zip once... after that all you would be doing is, launch Metamorph, pick existing theme, select the NotificationFontColorChanger_SystemFontChanger folder, then select either the NotificationFontColorChanger XML or the SystemFontChanger XML (don't select any folders in this menu, select on of the mentioned XMLs)... then make your selection from the menu that shows afterwards.... just like having a Settings menu to do this...;)
  10. ClumsyNinja21

What is that .apk you use showing the widget w/battery, temp, etc???
  11. Mbk

That is if you wanted to apply that patch to begin with, right? (I personally don't want that patch)... Perhaps that patch should've been done as a Metamprph instead of a full framework-res.apk update.zip, then it would've 'only' applied the 'patch change' instead of overwriting the entire framework-res.apk.... make sense? ;)

System Info Widget... cheers.
  12. ClumsyNinja21

Oh!! Now you are making me think!!!! LOL!
    Can that patch be applied thru MM? Or do you have a trick up your sleeve? ;)
  13. Mbk

Do you remeber what file Pete patched for this? I remember it being mentioned by GLD in on of the threads, but can't remember what file it was.... I don't see why it couldn't be applied thru a MM.zip
  14. ClumsyNinja21

GLD did mention it...**checking my files***

I have it. I will try it now. I'll let u know. Lol. Sometimes it just takes a little outside thinking. ;)
  15. Mbk

Just thought of something, if the auto brightness patch is applies to the services.jar file, then you'd be SOL... but you would still be able to apply the Font type changes since it only applies the change to system/fonts...
  16. Chillout

Chillout New Member

Just installed this last night, working great! One tip to save everyone some reboots, just do a google search on the fonts you like ahead of time, that way you get an idea of how they'll look once you install them with metamorph . :greendroid:
  17. Azurikai

Azurikai New Member

picked some UGLY fonts
  18. Mbk

That is actually a very good suggestion Chillout, and a suggestion I should've thought of mentioning ahead of time, but thanks for havin my back ;)... yeah that would save on the amount of reboots to see what each looks like huh?..lol The best part is that I caouls add more fonts to this, 'when' I have more time or if there is even a want for it' :)

As I mentioned in the first post, these were already packed by Skaggz, all I did was write his Fonts into my color changer XML..... the best part is that I can pretty much add most other fonts (as long as they're compatible to Android), so you can easily tell me what you feel are the 'pretty' fonts...lol :p :D
  19. Mbk

Also, @ClumsyNinja21,
    the issue you mentioned about the Auto-Brightness patch being overwritten by thi MM.... well I also see this is the issue should you want to install a custom theme like BnB or GoldenElegance to BBv05, because that would also overwrite the services.jar as well, so that would also cause the issue of either having their theme or the auto-brightness.... correct?
    Of course unless they started using Pete's patched framework-res.apk to begin with, but I doubt that.
  20. Mbk

Hey guys.. I just realized I uploaded the version just before I finalized it..... while that version will still work, you might have to manually go back into MM initially after unzipping due to a invalid control prompt...

Here is the new version that has just one XML (the other had 2 XMLs), and it will not get that invalid controls prompt, and it will have everything under one XML, and I had already started adding fonts $ and had added the Mad Font to it... so you can download the new version and then you'd be able to select everything from one subtheme XML...... so redownload from here ... NotificationFontColorChanger_SystemFontChanger.zip

I personally like the Ming font, but it's not everyone's cup of tea (as Azurikai seems to feel), so I can add any fonts to this that anyone would like... just let me know. I added the Mad font since I think it looks kinda funny and reminds me of the old days when I used to read that magazine...lol
Search tags for this page
change clock in status bar

change status bar font color android

changing status bar text color android
clock fonts status bar android
droidforums.net search disappearance of status bar in metamo
how do you change status bar to pink
how to change android statusbar font
how to change font color notification panel
how to change the colors of the fonts in taskbar in android

metamorph

metamorph purple status bar