Metamorph theme without doing a nandroid backup

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by charger94, Apr 29, 2011.

1. charger94

charger94 New Member

I'm just wondering if there are any metamorph themes that will work on the motorola milestone (gsm droid 1) without doing a nandroid backup. All I really want is a black notification bar for my stock froyo but I don't want to risk bricking.
  2. toysturnaseraphim

toysturnaseraphim New Member

I've been trying to find a black or transparent status bar and a transparent notification pull down for my stock D2G that'll work with Launcher Pro Plus. I've found a couple between XDA and DroidPirate that were supposed to work, but didn't. Were it not for nandroid I would be skewers. My point is using Metamorph or Ninjamorph without a back up is a terrible idea. It's easy to do, and an easy fix for those who like to try and customize.
  3. charger94

charger94 New Member

Id do a backup but im unable to make nandroids because my rootong app (universal androot) did not flash a new recovery and i dont want to go through a rootong process. Also clockworkmod wont flash on my phone so im not sure what to do.

Sent from my Milestone using DroidForums
  4. B-boy™

B-boy™ Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel Theme Developer Premium Member

You can flash an sbf for sprecovery... or see if rom manager will flash it... as for the black statusbar, the issue that a lot of people have is once it applies, the icons appear to have disappeared since they were designed for a light one... I recommend never Modding without a nandroid backup... there has to be a way for you access a custom recovery.... and the the pulldown is different from froyo and gb so depending on what rom you're on, and what the status_bar is pointing to... if its #cc000000 then a PNG style pulldown wont take....

Sent from an unfortunate butt-dial
  5. charger94

charger94 New Member

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my Milestone using DroidForums
Search tags for this page

metamorph themes for triumph