1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Metamorph Theme Search Help

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by droid1life, Nov 7, 2010.

1. droid1life

droid1life New Member

Hey everyone. I am just beginning my journey with a rooted droid. I am now trying to figure out how to change things like my status bar color. I have installed Metamorph but, I cannot seem to find any themes for Motorola Droid 1.

I have already had to unroot my phone because I attempted to use a Smoke Glass them but it was for DX and D2. It just went to boot screen over and over without ever launching home. I figured out how to just Unroot to factory settings and am starting from the begaining.

I have already rooted my phone again using RSD lite. And I have installed Metamorph and Titanium Backup pro. Any input would be greatly apriciated.

Oh, and I also have Asrto file manager, Androzip File Manager, and the Superuser app that came with my root package
  2. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

First thing you need to do is make a Nandroid back-up.... then most full themes are via Update.zip installed thru recovery... and lastly, themes must be applied to whichever ROMs they are made for (meaning if you are running Bugless Beast or Ultimate Droid ROMs, then you'd need a theme that is made specifically for either of those themes)
  3. droid1life

droid1life New Member

Okay so what I need is to make a "nandroid back-up". And are "Bugless Beast" and "Ultimate Droid" apks?

I do not know how to make or use a nandroid backup or even what bugless beast and unltimate droid are. But, hopfully this info gets me on the rite track. I will look into all three of these.

I was actually under the inpression that "MetaMorph" was the way to change status bar color, Images ect... So with that said do I even need MetaMorph?
  4. Mbk

Well Bugless and Ultimate are ROMs, if you just rooted then you are probably running 'stock' ROM..... you can install either of those ROMs I mentioned, or any other for Froyo, and then you can apply any theme over those ROMS as long as the theme you are trying to install is for that particular ROM... as for MetaMorphs, well those can be used to percision replace whatever you'd like in the ROM or Theme....

*Nandroid first before anything...
    *Install custom ROM (if you want to), you must wipe data and cache before installing ROMs, unless it's the next version of the same ROM)....
    *Install custom theme of your choice (again, if you want to, you do 'not' wipe data when installing themes over ROMs)...
    *MetaMorphs can be next if you want, my signature has examples of what can be done, not just NFL, using MetaMorph...
  5. droid1life

droid1life New Member

Okay, I think I am starting to understand now! Bugless Beast and Ultimate Droid are ROMs. I install one of these the same way as I did when I first rooted my phone and used the .zip file that I renamed "update.zip"? And then can use MetaMorph to change one thing at a time such as status bar color only, or say battery icon ect..? Is one rom better than the other?

I was actually looking at all of your themes earlier thats why I wanted to start changing stuff up a little. So kinda cool you inspired me and then helped! dancedroid

I am curently looking into ways of making my nandroid backup. I'm pretty sure I think Im starting to get that as well. From what I have gathered this far is that it is made while in recovery mode. Then going to Backup/Recovery or somthing like that. Havnt made it far enough to know whats it is really. Still working on this part, but i think im getting close to attempt and make my first nandroid backup.
  6. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

Correct! Also, make sure the theme you're installing is for the version of ROM you're applying it to or it can cause some issues. Dave (928Droid) also recommends running the ROM for a day or so before applying a theme over it. I for one think that's a great idea! Make a backup before you change anything just in case something goes wrong...can't stress that enough! Happy flashing to you! :dancedroid:

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)
  7. droid1life

droid1life New Member

I wanted to update my progress on theming my phone. So I beleive I have done this correctly. I found Rom Manager in the market and used it to first make a back-up or "Nandroid" pretty sure its the same thing but through Rom Manager it files under ClockworkMod. I saved it to my computer as well for just in case.

Afterwords using the same apk "Rom Manager" I went to download rom and downloaded Bugless Beast as it was one you had suggested; They also had Ultimate Droid, but you need the paid version which I do not have yet. After downloading I cleared Data and Cache and let it do its thing. It did ask me if I wanted to make a backup but I already had.

I googled for roms compatible with bugless beast or "BB" and downloaded the one rom I found. Just wanted somthing basic. Anyways after downloading I went to my Rom Manager apk and went to reboot to recovery then went to install rom installed it and bingo had somthing a little different.

Next I want to figure out how to change say the icons in my status bar such as the battery charging icon and changing the boot animation. I still have yet to find anything for MetaMorph so havent used it. Any help pointing me in the rite direction would be great! And also how do I know if somthing will be compatible wit BB or not?

I am posting my progress in hopes that it will help somone in the future who is starting just like me. And thank you to all who give advice or tips.
  8. Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter New Member

Mbk, do you think you could help me as well?
    I've searched for Metamorph themes and I'm coming up with nothing
    I'm trying to get a round battery icon like in the REVOlution themes, and I want to be able to make my market different colors. For example, the stock color of the market is green, I want a theme that I can apply to make it a light blue or black. Do you know where I can get themes for this?
  9. Mbk

Well you already know of the battery ones from the revolution theme, now you just got to find a theme with the color of the market icon you want and pull them..... or.... you can just pull that icon from your own theme now and mod it's color yourself...
  10. Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter New Member

Well I had one that someone made for me to apply through MM but when I tried, it said something about it not being written correctly or something. And the only other revolution battery icons I see are for regular themes, not for MM themes. And I can't find MM themes for anything. I've searched and everything but I don't find any threads on actual themes other than the pulldowns that I believe you create

EDIT: I figured out the round battery icon. I had to apply it different that how things have been showing me ha. But now all I need is help with with the theme packs or whatever. I saw a video and a guy had hero theme, x theme, etc, where do you find these?

11. Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter New Member

Can you answer this real quick? Do anyone even make MM themes anymore? I wouldn't think a blue market would be that hard, it's impossible. I downloaded a blue theme and it doesn't even let me apply anything. I just keep going through folder til I get to hdpi folders or something that saw drawable and they're empty
  12. Droidfish

Droidfish New Member

Not a whole lot of mm themeing being done these days, I think it just became to hit or miss as theming evolved on the d1. Also as far as a blue market, you're gonna need to edit some XML files more so than images in the drawable folder. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your post

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  13. Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter New Member

Well I wish there were. I would think there would be an update.zip or something. I see ROMs with blue galleries, black galleries(which I flashed as a zip once) but I never find any to download other than black gallery. And well, how do I edit those? I'm tired of the green, I like the looks of other colors

EDIT: I saw an app called NinjaMorph, is that a good app to use for changing the colors of apps installed on the phone?
  14. Droidfish

Droidfish New Member

Ninja morph is more for editing/swapping image files right on your Droid, I think mainly to do minor theming without your pc, honestly I never found much use for it because I would still need to edit the images on.my computer so why not push the files from there at the same time.

Editing XML files is beyond my expertise though with some searching u might find some.tutorials.

When u say u know of roms that contain the themed market u want, have u ever tried downloading and pulling the themed market apk from one of them and putting it on your phone?

15. Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter New Member

Well it said you could change out images and xml file so I thought maybe I could use that. I guess I'll have to learn then. And well, I haven't downloaded any ROMs with themed markets. The Droid I have has horrible heat issues and Cyanogen and one other are the only ones I can run
  16. Droidfish

Droidfish New Member

You swap the XML files but you gotta edit them first. I'm regards to the heat, have you tried swapping out several different kernels? With the amount of kernels out there I would think u could find one that allows u too overclock and run cool. When the Droid was first being overclocked back on like Jan and Feb everyone's phone ran hot , these days I don't even have temp monitor installed. All droids do run differently though

17. Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter New Member

Well I don't think it will let me change the colors of the market. I looked at this tutorial thing and it said market apps excluded but I went and looked for the market anyway but only found marketupdater so I don't know. I'll just learn I guess.
    And I've tried Slayher, ChevyNo1, P3Droids, and some other one that's just different letters, different hertz, different voltages, everything. I think it's just the way the ROMs run on this phone. Because only two ROMs will work so far, and kernels I couldn't use on them(if it were them which I doubt it was since nothing changed) I can run on this with no problem what-so-ever. On my other Droid, before I got a replacement, I could overclock to 1.25 and never have to worry about heat. This one is a disaster
  18. Droidfish

Droidfish New Member

Sorry for the double post.

When it says market apps excluded it means any app you download from the market and there actually ways around that. System apps like the android market reside in the /system/app/ folder and downloaded apps reside in the data/app/ folder and cannot be themed. You can move apps to system/app/ from the data/app/ folder so they will be themable.

Good luck theming, don't be afraid to ask some of the main themers around here for pointers most of them would be glad to point u in the right direction
  19. Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter New Member

Two posts? Haha
  20. Droidfish

Droidfish New Member

LOL, sorry, read my edit