Metamorph General Discussion

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Abrakadaniel, May 17, 2010.

1. Abrakadaniel

Abrakadaniel New Member

Wasn't able to find a thread for general metamorph discussion so i made this one. I wanted a place where discussion can be had about using metamorph in general and what goes into creating and modifying metamorph themes.

OK so I'm peeking around in several different zip folders meant for metamorph and i notice the fairly easy to understand xml and how/where the png is located (or whatever is being morphed). I get all that. Some of the zips contain files ".DS_store" and a folder named "_MACOSX" What are these for? Are they necessary for metamorph/android compatability or just something found in folders that happened to be put together by people using macs?

Also if anyone can post links for generating/writing/converting xml, thm and any other helpful programs/apps for creating/editing metamorph files, that would be a great help to this thread.
  2. AmericanNomads

AmericanNomads New Member

I second that. Half the themes I try to download and use via MM says "no file" only works on the couple files I d/l with the xml file in it.
  3. GDO7

GDO7 New Member

The new MM ONLY works with .XML files. All you really have to do though is convert the THM file to XML and then MM will recognize it.
  4. AmericanNomads

I've read that before but I don't know how to convert them. I've looked online for a converter but didn't find one. The help is appreciated
  5. GDO7

GDO7 New Member

Just gotta dig a little man. Google "thm to xml converter modmymoto" or "theme controlfile upgrader modmymoto" and you should be able to find it.
  6. AmericanNomads

Thanks man. Ill search when I get home. I'm pretty new to all this an lurked for awhile but now with all this different themes I wanna do I'm getting alittle over my head but I generally will ask the question if I had a slight doubt so I don't brick my phone due to my inability to understand. Thanks again
  7. BeADroid

BeADroid New Member

Hey I saw this and I thought I would jump in. Go to the link, in the 3rd post is the conversion tool.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/44511-metamorph-apk.html
    Metamorph is awesome, you should check out this thread at XDA - How to MetaMorph/Theme - xda-developers . It has video clips on making themes. you should also check out Stericson othe theming app - NinjaMorph it is on the market. It allows you to theme, without connecting to your computer. Supercool, kinda of a learnign curve, but worth it. have fun, and remeber BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP
  8. Abrakadaniel

Abrakadaniel New Member

+1 Thank you very much. Posts like this are exactly what i was hoping for in this thread. Keep 'em coming!
  9. AmericanNomads

Thanks so much. Its so crazy how many times Ive went from overwhelmed to this is cake while modding this phone. Everyone is so helpful. Thanks