Metamorph editing png file types

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by shakesbrice22, Aug 3, 2010.

1. shakesbrice22

shakesbrice22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am really frustrated right now as I am trying to simply edit my home screen icons. I want custom looks for them on my home screen. Simple as that. I understand I can use metamorph somehow to edit my png files but I can't for the life of me find a thread or help with a complete walkthrough. Does anyone know a thread that will help or put some time into this one to walk me through it?

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Moto Droid- Rooted
    Bugless Beast v.4
    Luna Theme
    Launcher Pro
    Chevyno1 ULV 1.2Ghz
    C_01.43.01P

2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    I didn't think metamorph actaully does the editing. Search the internet for icon editing programs. You can then make the icons you want and use Folder Organizer or perhaps Better Cut to put them with the apps of your choice. BTW, Folder Organizer gets my vote.

3. shakesbrice22

shakesbrice22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your quick response. I am using bettercut now and yes it works all well and fine but I was to physically make my own (actually just use different colors for app icons and such) app icons and then apply them. I could keep using bettercut (sorry but I prefer bettercut ha ha) but I have read some about actually taking the png file from the apk file, editing it, then pushing it back into its file. I was just wondering how in the world this is possible