1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Metamorph crashes my droid?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by pbizzle, Mar 5, 2010.

1. pbizzle

pbizzle New Member

I have a Droid.
    I rooted my phone with Droid Mod, and I decided to try out Metamorph.
    When I first run Metamorph and go through the initial setup it runs a check to make sure it will run on my phone.
    That check never completes, I get a popup that says the program has stopped responding and I have the option of force closing it or waiting.
    I've tried waiting, leaving my phone alone for 10 minutes and it still says the same thing.
    So I have to force close it.
    After that I open it and it works just fine as far as I can tell, until I try to install a theme.
    I tried installing the Darkstar theme, it goes through 13 of 13 "packages" but on the 13th it hangs and I have to force close, except it doesn't force close.
    It just keeps popping up the force close box and I can't do anything.
    When I take out the battery to restart the phone, it never boots.
    It seems to get caught in a loop, the boot screen with the Droid logo keeps restarting over and over.
    And then my only option is to start in safe mode and load from a backup.

So I don't know whats going on...
  2. dtartini

dtartini New Member

I have had this problem also. Try a different theme or downlading the theme onto your computer first then transfering to your sd card.

Edit: fyi I never had luck with that particular theme anyway...I'm not sure if I did someething wrong but there are plenty of other themes that work fine. My tag has a link to a really cool red theme.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  3. ieatscones

ieatscones New Member

same problem here, theres nothing you can do
Search tags for this page
is metamorph safe
is metamorph safe for my droid

metamorph freezes