MetaMorph and Bugless ERE25 Rom

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by taypotts, Mar 4, 2010.

1. taypotts

taypotts New Member

So I just got Pete's new ERE25 Rom today, and it is AMAZING!!!

One problem though, I went to apply the framework-res for a battery icon I like. I hit apply all and it acts like it's applying, but the does a reboot. This worked fine when I was on his 2.0.1 Roms. What's going on? Anyone that can help me out??
  2. Shade2074

Shade2074 New Member

I'm getting the same problem. I just migrated to BB ERE25 Rom as well (v.04). I used metamorph in the hopes of getting that High-res-blue up and running but as soon as it gets to framework-res.apk metamorph will reboot my phone. I followed the instructions here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/24724-metamorph-theme-high-res-blue.html specifically
    which worked fine, but when I went to use metamorph to theme everything else I get the reboot problem. Unfortunately, this leaves me with black letters on a black background in the notification bar. I found another post that showed a relatively easy way to change the clock text white, but I'm stuck on all the rest now :blink:
  3. taypotts

taypotts New Member

I've done some digging and it seems that the Themes have to be specific for 2.1, so I've been trying to find some.
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 New Member

I'm getting hung up right here. I get a permission denied error when trying to push the file back. I opened Root Explorer and marked the system/frameword folder as R/W. Am I missing a command here?

**Edit** I got it figured out. Something was not set up with Busybox.

-Mike
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  5. taypotts

taypotts New Member

It seems to only be a problem when you are changing the framework-res... anyone figured this out??
  6. MJ5150

MJ5150 New Member

Yep. The framework-res is structured differently in 2.1. You need to find a 2.1 theme and edit it from there.

There is a cool 2.1 ROM called Flavored Ice. It looks pretty much like the Nexus One. I used that one and made my edits from there.

-Mike
  7. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

The xml files in 2.1 are different from the ones in 2.01. So if you have a theme that you like try this. Copy the framework on the ROM that you are currently on and change the .apk to .zip. Then extract the files and go to /res/layout and look for status_bar.xml status_bar expanded.xml and status bar latest event context.xml. Copy those three files to the theme you were using. So, in the theme it would be framework-res/res/layout replace the xml files in here. Should be good to go after that
  8. Wags

Wags New Member

I was wondering this also, because the Metamorph white clock fix wasn't working for me on the BB ERE25 rom...the xUltimate fix for the white clock wasn't working either.

Is this the reason?
  9. jbernard703

jbernard703 New Member

AdamZ said on a different post that all you have to do is remove the .xml files in the framework-res folder. I did it and it worked fine with smokedglass, the notification bar is still stock but everything else ive looked at is themed.
  10. thebowers

Hey guys can you give this a try on BB 2.1 ERE25. Please make a backup first. This MM will turn the text to purple but want to see if it will work on this rom.
  11. thebowers

You are doing basically what metamorph does for you, just in a manualy way. You took the services.jar form chevy's rom just for the white clock and the xml files have to be modified to white or be from a ere 25 based rom that are already changed. To make underfstand a complete walk through look at my sig.
  12. roberj13

roberj13 New Member

Ya, basically. I wish I would've seen your link for changing notification color... It was very helpful for me at least. I saved time by cheating but it's nice to know how to actually do it.
  13. roberj13

roberj13 New Member

BTW, Bowers, tested the bar that you posted. Still not working, just rebooted the phone and old framework intact.
  14. taypotts

taypotts New Member

So if I take the files you uploaded can I put whatever jpg I want and metamorph will work with it then?
  15. roberj13

roberj13 New Member

Well, not exactly. What I posted was how to do it manually without metamorph, since it wasn't working for me, (which is odd since I ended up using the SAME files I was trying to use through Metamorph).

I don't know what you mean by 'put whatever jpg I want'

The files I posted (and since edited) was not to make it work with metamorph (which is why it is gone now).

I was just posting on how I did it, but I recommend most people look for a theme that will work for 2.1, which I believe Bowers has a working smoked glass theme now.