messed up my boot animatin

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mak725, Mar 2, 2010.

1. mak725

mak725 New Member

i tried installing a boot animation on to my phone and messed up some where, now when i turn the phone on it is blank, how can i just go back and get the default back. it also searches for service when it turns on....someone please help!!!!!
  2. mak725

mak725 New Member

anyone???any suggestions?
  3. ohioDroid

ohioDroid New Member

I've noticed this happens if some 'invalid' like bootanimation.zip is put on the Droid. If the zip isn't in the exact format that the Droid likes, you just get a black screen.

I recommend trying to override whatever bootanimation you put there with another one, one posted on this site that people already know is good.

Or, you can copy the existing one from the system directory and put it in the one local directory... I don't remember the commands to do that, though.
  4. mak725

mak725 New Member

im totally lost, i knew i shouldnt of messed with it. i did everything the tutorial said.... now i have a blank boot...
  5. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

Which directory did you place your custom animation in? If it was in the /data/local then you can just rm the animation and it will go back to stock. If it was in the system/media then you need to replace your custom with stock.
  6. mak725

mak725 New Member

i couldnt get it to work so i just did a restore using nandroid with an old backup i had, thanx for the advice. would you know the right way to add a custom boot animation?
  7. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

8. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

If I remember correctly, there are two places where it will look for boot animations - in /system and in /data. If you have been adding your changes into /data, just delete that file and the default one will be back.
Search tags for this page

droid boot animation start up