Messed up installing Liberty 1.5

premier929

Reaction score
I installed Liberty 1.5 on my rooted droid x and I didn't wipe all data before installing. I am now stuck in the boot logo animation. Is this fixable? Or do I need a new phone??

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
you didn't have to start a new thread but I do follow your logic. Like some one said in your other thread....pull the battery and see if you can get into clockworks.

OP
P

premier929

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm new to all of this. I tried to pull the battery and it just goes into the same loop.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Turn the phone off. Press and hold the power button and x key simultaneously until you see the android guy and an exclamation point. Then press the keyboards search key. This will get you in to stock recovery. Try doing a factory reset there and see if it gets you out of the bootloop.

tappin and a talkin

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Turn the phone off. Press and hold the power button and x key simultaneously until you see the android guy and an exclamation point. Then press the keyboards search key. This will get you in to stock recovery. Try doing a factory reset there and see if it gets you out of the bootloop.

tappin and a talkin

he has Droid X.....no keyboard...

Premier.....don't sweat it....I was only giving you a hard time.

OP
P

premier929

Reaction score
omg thank you sooooooooooooo much. your the best

sk8

Reaction score
You need to hold down the power button and home button together. When it boots release the power button and continue to hold the home button until an exclamation shows up. Then press the search button. Navigate with the volume control and wipe cache by clicking the camera button. Then reboot and you should boot up fine.
Be safe and always wipe cache and data before flashing a new rom.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
P

premier929

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the help. Do I need to redo anything, or should it b fine now? Im in liberty so........

sk8

Reaction score
Should be fine just re input your contacts, hopefully you saved them to your sd card. I don't run liberty so I don't know if backup assistant works.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You should be fine to start resoring your apps with titanium or what have you and move on. Youre all set.

tappin and a talkin

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought I posted this already but backup assistant is not part of Liberty. You can however log into verizonwireless site, get to backup assistant, backup contacts into CSV and import CSV into Gmail which in turn will push to your phone.