1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Messed up battery life...

Discussion in 'Sony Xperia Play' started by Gi11i4m, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Gi11i4m

Gi11i4m New Member

Hi!

I'm new here, and I need some help with a few decisions.

Recently, I tried to root my phone in order to remove a lot of the standard apps from Sony Ericsson that don't work right and / or I don't need. Also I'd like to install the AdAway app and maybe custimize the phone in the future myself (I'm studying IT right now, first year).

But, the rooting went wrong and my phone just isn't rooted now, almost nothing changed. What did change is that my battery depletes about double as fast as it did (and it didn't last long in the first place). This is pretty annoying, and I think erasing the battery stats might help (altough I'm not sure?).

Normally Sony Ericsson (or Sony..) is going to update the Xperia Mini Pro in about.. now. Could be today, could be next week.

My question is:

Since I want my phone to be rooted, but I also want Android 4.0 (and a longer lasting battery), should I wait untill I get the update to try rooting again ('cause I don't know if there'll be any rooting guides for Android 4.0 soon after the update), or should I try to root it right now, with Android 2.3.4? I read that it could cause problems to update to another android system when your phone is rooted...

Greetings,
    Gi11i4m
  2. ultra09hd

ultra09hd New Member

Yet another reason not to root.

sent from a RAZR on a Harley!
  3. FoxKat

FoxKat Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Since this is an issue (mostly) about rooting and the ill effects of a failed root, and not so much about "battery" issues, I suggest this would get better and more relevant response if it were in a forum that is familiar with rooting, and even more importantly familiar with the Sony phone you have (such as Android Smart Phones or Sony Xperia Play).

I'm going to move this thread to the Sony Xperia Play forum, but leave a permanent link here for others to find it by.
  4. Gi11i4m

Gi11i4m New Member

Did not know there was a thread for Xperia, so thanks!
    Btw how come I don't get notified via mail when there are reactions?

Grtz!
  5. Gi11i4m

Gi11i4m New Member

Well that's a possibility but that's losing functionality to save battery, and that's not what I want to do... Plus your battery will probably still not last as long as it did at first, right?
Search tags for this page
am i messing up my battery

android battery messed up

battery stats are messed up
droid 2 phone battery messed up my
droid x battery messed up
how do you know if battery is messed up in android phone
how do you mess up your phone battery
how to know if galaxy s3 battery is messed up

how to mess up a phone battery

how to tell if xperia play battery is messed up
is it phone or battery messing up android