Messaging vs. Handcent

himinihaha

Reaction score
What is the difference between these 2 apps? Friends told me to add Handcent but now when I get a message, it comes across twice. Is there any way to shut one of them down? Which one is better to use?

XMasterMoronX

Reaction score
yeah handcent is a great app, i remember having that problem but i forgot how i fixed it.

handcent is very customizable, you can change the themes to look like the iphone's (dont know why you would)

it also has a feature that when you turn your phone on from sleep mode it displays the text message and you can reply without unlocking your phone.

there are alot of other tings you can do, I dont even know how to use it to its full potential

shmoo

Reaction score
Its really quiete easy. Go to your messaging app, into its settings and uncheck the notification box. That's hat I did. If that doesn't fix it then be sure that you have handcent as your default messaging app. Handcent really is wonderful. You can download different font packages on the market and change the fonts of your conversations. You can change bubble styles and colors. Background pics can be added in behind your conversations. Just go into the settings and play around.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I love how customizable Handcent is. I never looked back once I switched to Handcent.

OP
H

himinihaha

Reaction score
How do I make handcent my default? I am REALLY new to this but after playing with all the buttons, I'm unable to figure it out.

OP
H

himinihaha

Reaction score
Thanks for helping me figure this all out. I'm good now!