Messaging issues

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by SlamminCam, Mar 6, 2011.

1. SlamminCam

SlamminCam Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure whether this is a SS issue or something that I may have done. I don't think that I would have changed something that would have caused this, but now I can't send or receive messages.

Do you know of anything that I might be able to do to reset the messaging app or anything like that? I have tried the fixed permission in Rom Manager, but that didn't work.

I just don't know what I can do to fix this.

2. SlamminCam

SlamminCam Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I don't know how to delete this post, but I fixed the issue. I believe the using the power control widgets and resetting the mobile data or possibly just putting it in and out of airplane mode may have fixed it.

IDK. Thanks anyways tho.

3. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for the update - there is a known mms bug in 5.01 which I assumed this was - but apparently not!

4. SlamminCam

SlamminCam Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I don't know how wide spread the problem was, but apparently there was a Verizon issue around here that I believe caused the problem.

Just so happened it was right after me flashing the new ROM and installing some other stuff to get me worried for no reason.

Loving the new stuff in your newest Rom. Keep up the good work.

5. bobby12587

bobby12587 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    It is an issue with 5.01. I believe they are working the problem. I also can not send multimedia text so I restored a 4.96 rom until the issue is fixed.

6. Tarster

Tarster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am on 5.01 right now and I cannot send a MMS message. It always says that the picture was too big and cannot be attached. a fix on this would me much much appreciated.

7. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Yep - that is listed as a bug in the bugs thread, and also listed as fixed in the upcoming version - I'm going as fast as I can, but I can't rush an entire ROM at the risk of breaking something else ... I'm finishing it up now though

8. Tarster

Tarster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you chevy, take your time man, I love the rotary and im so glad you got the buttons in the pull down notification area... man i saw a buddy of mines galaxy S and he had that.. made me jealous.. now I have them to :)