Messaging help

Wingman1

Reaction score
Ok, I'm a newbie and have no idea on where to find this information. I'm sure there are some threads on this already, and maybe you can direct me to them.....but here goes. Please help answer these questions.

1. I get a message from my friend and I want to reply. How do I do it?

2. I get a message from a friend and want to forward it to other
people. How do I do it?

3. I want to see the messages I have sent so that I can delete them if
I want to. How do I find them?

I had a RAZR before and it was so easy to find and do these things. Please help before I return this phone. Thank you so very much. And, if there are some helpful threads on this forum that can answer other questions I may encounter with Messaging, please direct me to them.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm a newbie and have no idea on where to find this information. I'm sure there are some threads on this already, and maybe you can direct me to them.....but here goes. Please help answer these questions.

1. I get a message from my friend and I want to reply. How do I do it?

Assuming you are using the stock app, when you receive a message you are able to reply by taping the box at the bottom of the screen. Your keypad will appear and begin typing.

2. I get a message from a friend and want to forward it to other
people. How do I do it?

Again, assuming you are using the stock app, do a long press (press and hold) on the text that you want to forward. A new screen will appear, tap forward.

3. I want to see the messages I have sent so that I can delete them if
I want to. How do I find they.

Unless you modified the setting or deleted a message you will have 200 messages. Open the contact who you sent or received and the text will be there.

I had a RAZR before and it was so easy to find and do these things. Please help before I return this phone. Thank you so very much. And, if there are some helpful threads on this forum that can answer other questions I may encounter with Messaging, please direct me to them.

You may want to download Handcent. It is a free app that you may like better than the stock app.
Mike

OP
W

Wingman1

Reaction score
Thanks, Mike. Can you tell me a little bit more about handcent? Do my friends who text message me have to write to soemwhere different? Does it resemble what I was used to? Thanks for helping me along.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Mike. Can you tell me a little bit more about handcent? Do my friends who text message me have to write to soemwhere different? Does it resemble what I was used to? Thanks for helping me along.

Your friends will continue to send messages to your current name. Handcent allows you to customize the view on you phone. It even has a screen view that resembles the iPhone.

Handcent is a free app so you can download and install. If you don't like it just uninstall.

Hope this helps.

Mike