Messaging Fix coming to DROID X.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
attachment.php

For those experiencing the issue with text messaging since the Froyo update a fix is on the way. The "fix" will address the issue of incoming and outgoing messages not being updated properly in the message queue, and there are some reported problems with SMS notifications, as well.

The details of when the update will be released is unknown at this time.

Motorola is now aware of the issue and have released this statement in their support forums:

Okay. I have news. I talked to our engineering team and it appears that this will require a software upgrade to correct it. They are already on it and seemed confident that they know the why and the how-to-fix. I don’t have any timeline on when an update will be released, but when I know more I will let you know.

Sorry for this trouble and thanks for all the good detective work and for reporting it.

This is obviously not a small problem if you are one of the users effected by it. How many of you are experiencing this particular problem?

Source: Phonedog

timrock

Reaction score
havent experienced it, but im glad they are aware of the issue. shouldnt take that long to release the update.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have experienced it. It's not a huge issue to me, but certainly a minor annoyance.
I may be away from my phone for quite some time and when I come back I'll have messages that I don't know if they just arrived or they've been sitting there for as long as I've been away.

I hope they fix this among other little things when they decide to put out this maintenance release. (My battery has been unplugged for over 8 hours and in the settings menu, it shows 0h 5min..30scs since last plugged in...whats been using the battery...etc. How is THAT accurate? Seems to reset anytime I reboot)

bad4u

Reaction score
Too many things are getting by. I remember just the other week we were poking fun at iphone for the antenna issue. Now moto is letting us down, not as major, but still little things that should of been fixed in testing.

newtodroidx

Reaction score
I haven't been receiving my sms notifications which is a real annoyance. I hoe they come out with the update soon.

LunaImages

Reaction score
My fiance and I both have the problem. On top of it, for some reason the music player stopped working on our phones, and then magically started working again after a day. Seriously, Motorola has had HOW LONG to get it right, and they've let so many things slip through the cracks. This is embarrassing.

Ghost Rider

Reaction score
My wife and I both use Handcent for texting. Mine is fine but right after the update hers has the messages out of order and the time showing on the message is several hours off. :icon_evil::icon_evil:

pumbaa

Reaction score
And to think about all the complaints, because 2.2 was not coming out fast enough for the X.

You can pick any 2, but you won't get the 3rd.

1. Good
2. Cheap
3. Fast

pumbaa

Reaction score
Then again it seems phones are like women and[FONT=&quot] women are like a Chinese restaurant lunch special.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You get to pick 2 but you won’t get the third:[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. intelligent[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. pretty[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. sane[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Im still confused about what the actual issue is... Is it the wrong time stamp on messages or is it the fact that newer messages dont always show at the top of the list? Sometimes my texts wont show at the to of the list, but they do have a big blue icon next to the them, its not hard to tell which text is new... for those having the wrong timestamp, thats a real issue. For those of you complaining about new messages not being at the top of the list, quit crying.

Ghost Rider

Reaction score
My problem is related to both issues. The messages will appear anywhere in message field and the time stamp shows several hours and at times over 5 hours difference in the time they were actually sent.

Ghost Rider

Reaction score
I was just searching the Droid X forums and it seems other people are having the same issue with the text programs. I have added a link to that thread for this thread so they can see the info that Cerial Killer has put out. Perhaps one of the moderators can get the two forums into one so we can all get the important information as it is posted.
Thanksdancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Seano

Reaction score
chompsms just updated and it fixed my issue. you can also download sms time fix from the market and that also fixes the issue.

newtodroidx

Reaction score
Ever since the update I have not been recieving my facebook notifications like if someone comments on my post or something I used to recieve a text message letting me read what the person said and then I could quick reply back but since the update I have not recieved one single text letting me know someone said something on my facebook page...I miss that anyway to fix that??