Messaging default

jak86

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just bought my revolution last night and so far its been a lot of fun to play with.

I do have a couple questions...if anyone is able to answer them yet.

First I like that when I get a text it pops up on my lockscreen and Im able to drag down to see it but I dont like the stock messaging app...its ugly in my opinion. But unlike my original droid I cant find a way to make handcent or any other messaging app load when I drag down...this also means that disabling the messenger notifications is pointless when I still get the notification on my lockscreen...I prefer handcent for all of the customizable settings and stuff.

Next is I dont like bing but thats what the browser uses. On my droid I had been using the browser but changed the user agent to linux or computer and liked how quick it was but neither changing bing to google or user agent settings are on this phone...user agent im sure was from having a custom rom...I tried xscope cause I was always told its the fastest but it isnt that fast and doesnt always load pages when I click on them.

My last question was is there a way to use the lg home widgets on adw launcher or launcher pro? This isnt a huge turnoff but I liked having 5 icons on the bottom of my screen and having my apps icon in the middle which is a bit different than lg's home which is only 4 icons and the app button is on the right...like I said not a big deal since lg's home has a lot of cool features imo

Thanks!!

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Hmm when you root the phone you will be able to use bing. Now about the text on the lock screen you can try widgetlocker, that is a customizable lock screen, i dont personally have it yet but i know that its possible to have a text widget on it......

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try miren browser for web browsing. Some phones let you change lockscreen in display settings. You cant us lg widgets in other launchers, if it is anything like other android overlays.

Sent from my fascinate