1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Messaging apps crashing when creating new messsages

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by nightwo|f, Nov 2, 2010.

1. nightwo|f

nightwo|f New Member

So I recently upgraded from a Droid1 to Droid2 and having some problems trying to get my old sms history on the D2. I'm not running stock D2, I disliked the amount of bloat that blur adds that I don't care for right now so I installed the Fission 2.0 rom and everything but this appears to be working.
    If I erase the mmssms.db (sqlite database) in /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ and reboot letting it create a new one from scratch it is fine, but I'm trying to keep all my history and such. I exported both the new and old db's (via sqlite3 on linux) to compare the schema and there are differences that I tried to merge but apparently failed, as both the stock app and handcentsms crash when sending messages both before editing the schema and after. Granted after editing I only really modified the creation of a new table and added a column on two tables, there was a third table that had several new columns on thousands of entries that I didn't feel like messing with but the recreation of the sqlite db didn't get me any errors.

Originally I just copied the backup from my old phone via TitaniumBackup like I've done with many other things (bookmarks, call log, etc) without a problem. Anyway, has anyone else copied their sms log from a Droid1 or other stock Android phone to a D2 running 'stock android'?
  2. nightwo|f

nightwo|f New Member

Nevermind, forgot that Wavesecure had an SMS backup feature so I restored my old phone, backed up SMS via Wavesecure, then restored on the new phone and works fine (restores via api calls I'm guessing rather than a direct file replacement).
Search tags for this page

android text messaging crashes

motorola droid mini messaging crashing
textra sms app keeps crashing? android