Messaging apps crashing when creating new messsages

nightwo|f

Reaction score
So I recently upgraded from a Droid1 to Droid2 and having some problems trying to get my old sms history on the D2. I'm not running stock D2, I disliked the amount of bloat that blur adds that I don't care for right now so I installed the Fission 2.0 rom and everything but this appears to be working.
If I erase the mmssms.db (sqlite database) in /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ and reboot letting it create a new one from scratch it is fine, but I'm trying to keep all my history and such. I exported both the new and old db's (via sqlite3 on linux) to compare the schema and there are differences that I tried to merge but apparently failed, as both the stock app and handcentsms crash when sending messages both before editing the schema and after. Granted after editing I only really modified the creation of a new table and added a column on two tables, there was a third table that had several new columns on thousands of entries that I didn't feel like messing with but the recreation of the sqlite db didn't get me any errors.

Originally I just copied the backup from my old phone via TitaniumBackup like I've done with many other things (bookmarks, call log, etc) without a problem. Anyway, has anyone else copied their sms log from a Droid1 or other stock Android phone to a D2 running 'stock android'?

OP
N

nightwo|f

Reaction score
Nevermind, forgot that Wavesecure had an SMS backup feature so I restored my old phone, backed up SMS via Wavesecure, then restored on the new phone and works fine (restores via api calls I'm guessing rather than a direct file replacement).