Messaging App not Fetching Gmail

DaddysDroid

Reaction score
I have linked my Gmail acct to the Messaging app. Problem is that it will not automatically fetch/refresh Gmail...to get my Gmail using that app I have to perform a manual refresh.

I have checked my settings all over....any help? What am I missing?

fyi...if I just use the Gmail app, I receive email notifications just fine....I just would prefer to run it through the Messaging app.

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

comk4ver

Reaction score
The messaging app won't let you use it to fetch gmail.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
DaddysDroid

DaddysDroid

Reaction score
are you sure? Because there's a 'fetch' option with settings, etc. Well at the very least I have the 'Data push' turned on...which according to the description is meant to have messages appear on my phone as they are received by the server.

Furthermore, the Messaging app notifies me of an email if I have the Gmail apps notification turned on. But then I receive two notifications, which I don't like. To me the point of Messaging app is to do this for me...along with any other social network, text, email accounts I add.

So again...is what you said really true???

Thanks.

comk4ver

Reaction score
If you use gmail you'd still receive the notification. I'm on motorola droid x, I have the same app and never in the time that I've had it has that app ever retrieved my gmail. The notification it's for all messages...

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
The messaging app won't let you use it to fetch gmail.

Huh? I use messaging app and I've always gotten my gmail's delivered.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

OP
DaddysDroid

DaddysDroid

Reaction score
Huh? I use messaging app and I've always gotten my gmail's delivered.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Right....my problem is that it does not...or at the very best sporadically....retrieves Gmail automatically.

I almost always have to manually refresh/sync to Gmail from within the Messaging app to retrieve the messages.

I have 'Data push' setting turned on...so I don't know what else to do...hence the post.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

comk4ver

Reaction score
If I might ask what settings did you use to get the messaging app to retrieve your gmail?