messaging app failure

sparky81795

Reaction score
hey everyone i'm new to the droid scene, but ive done a bunch of personalizing in the past on iphones (jailbreaking) and ps2's and xbox and pc so forth. i have an issue where i just rooted my droid 1 on 2.2.1 using superoneclick. everything was working great so i installed milestone overclocker, still working good. decided to switch to setcpu for more personalization. i uninstalled milestone first of course. now my messaging wont work. even if i uninstall milestone and set the clock to 550 still messaging fails. the issue is when i start messaging, the app sometimes opens, sometimes not, when it does no messages can be opened. i can view the icons for the messages but as soon as i click one it goes to a black screen and either force closes or reboots phone. any ideas? thanks for your help. thanks you in advance for your help. and i did search but no one is having this specific issue. thanks again.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum! :)

did you try running "fix permissions"? maybe try a different kernel...?

OP
S

sparky81795

Reaction score
stock kernel

its a stock kernel and it was running fine, how do i run fix permissions?

OP
S

sparky81795

Reaction score
fixing permisions did not fix this problem. any other ideas?? thanks for helping .

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
try going into settings/applications/manage applications. find the messaging app, and then "force stop" and "clear cache". then try it again. if that doesn't work, then go back into manage applications and "clear data". if none of those work, you may want to try a custom kernel.