Messaging app-facebook inbox, freezes, or hangs

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
this is the 3rd time I;ve had to do a battery pull becuase i was either waiting for it to update the facebook inbox, OR when i back out of it the phone freezes and nothing works, besides that i can see if im sending or recievign data, nothing else works...anyone else have this issue? (my phone is a certified refurbished droid 2, rooted stock rom, used z4 root, and bootstrap, as well as rom manager)

Also, i waited 5 minutes and it finally backed out of the facebook inbox and went straight to my home screen

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I would delete rom manager first. Then erase or remove facebook app. Then go back to market and redownload the facebook app.

OP
mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
i have tried doing that, and it did not work

Taegost

Reaction score
Are you overclocked? If you are, you may be at a frequency/voltage combination that is not stable. If you are, I'd try backing down on the frequency until it stabilizes, and if that doesn't help when you get back down to 1GHz, try upping the voltage (i.e. going from ULV to LV).

OP
mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
Are you overclocked? If you are, you may be at a frequency/voltage combination that is not stable. If you are, I'd try backing down on the frequency until it stabilizes, and if that doesn't help when you get back down to 1GHz, try upping the voltage (i.e. going from ULV to LV).

i am not over-clocked...

strange enough every now i then when i go to look at any message threads i have it will be updated from the last time, but never completely up to date... i don't get this

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Oh, I have a D2. I did not notice U R D1 or the nr of ur posts when I tried to help. At least someone else replied. Whatever I could think of U have most likely tried as U have more experience with ur phone than I have with mine.

My facebook app was slugish too. I just stoped using it and go to the web site now.

Sorry I can not help.