"Message Size Limit Reached"

Badadio

Reaction score
This is the notice that pops up when I try to send a recorded video through text.

1) Why does this happen and 2) How can I get around it?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is the notice that pops up when I try to send a recorded video through text.

I'm pretty certain Verizon limits the size of a file that you can send by MMS so if this is a large video that could be why.

When you send the video are you attempting to send it by pressing on the video and using the "share this" option? Or are you trying to attach it to a text message?

OP
B

Badadio

Reaction score

I'm pretty certain Verizon limits the size of a file that you can send by MMS so if this is a large video that could be why.

When you send the video are you attempting to send it by pressing on the video and using the "share this" option? Or are you trying to attach it to a text message?

I record the video and click "share this."

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I record the video and click "share this."

Are you using the stock messenger app? If you are try getting handcent from the market and see if that gives you the same message.

OP
B

Badadio

Reaction score
I have heard about that Handcent app but I like the way the stock SMS works. It's frustrating to know that I can't send a simple 1 minute video to a friend because it is such a basic feature.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have heard about that Handcent app but I like the way the stock SMS works. It's frustrating to know that I can't send a simple 1 minute video to a friend because it is such a basic feature.

I just made a 45 second video and tried to send it via handcent. I was unable to do so no matter how I tried it. I couldn't send it by gmail either.

OP
B

Badadio

Reaction score

I just made a 45 second video and tried to send it via handcent. I was unable to do so no matter how I tried it. I couldn't send it by gmail either.

Interesting. It is possible that the most sophisticated device on the market is unable to complete a task that wasn't new five years ago?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Interesting. It is possible that the most sophisticated device on the market is unable to complete a task that wasn't new five years ago?

[video=youtube;CBekZu8t3M4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBekZu8t3M4]YouTube - Motorola Droid VideoTip - Send Video Via MMS[/video]

30 second limit apparently.:mad:

thatguychuck

Reaction score
Also important, in the video camera settings, there is a "High quality" setting and a "Low quality" (for mms) setting. The high quality files get rather large.

ShowTime

Reaction score
As thatguychuck said, make sure you go into the settings of your video recorder and change the length to 30 sec for MMS and the quality to low for MMS.

Also important, in the video camera settings, there is a "High quality" setting and a "Low quality" (for mms) setting. The high quality files get rather large.

thedarklord187

Reaction score
You can all avoid the crappy video quality and just download dropbox and transfer your videos to your normal computer. The from there you can send them or upload them to whatever site you need.