Message notification on Home screen?

elydoug

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm new to this forum so forgive me if I'm asking this in the wrong place. I just got the D2G for Christmas with my son. We are starting to get the hang of the phone, but I can't figure out how to see how many messages I have waiting. I have the messaging mailbox on my homescreen but I think I really want to have the Universal inbox there instead. I want some notification, that doesn't require multiple clicks, to show me just how many messages (Facebook, text, mail etc.) in total I have waiting. Having to unlock the screen, then press the Messaging mailbox just to see if someone has emailed or texted me seems like too much "effort". I just want to wake up the phone and see if I have anything waiting. Am I missing something?

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
Well since I'm sure you are using the stock home screen, it doesn't have an option to let you see how many messages you have waiting on your icons. Launcherpro is in the market place, it is a free download. Once you install this, their are some settings you can play around with to get your unread txt count, unread gmail, count, and your missed call count. These numbers will show up right on the icon on your screen.
The video below should help you out some.
If you need more help ask away :)

[video=youtube;CmICPSZsJsw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmICPSZsJsw[/video]

OP
E

elydoug

Reaction score
Wow. That was a great reply! I have seen references (positive ones) about Launcher Pro so when I get my replacement phone, I'll try it. After the first charge, my phone blacked out and then went into the Moto screen where it stayed forever.... Battery pull and tech support were fruitless. Thanks again for the great help!