Mesage Icon

jmoock

Reaction score
On my home page I am trying to get the little green icon with the smiley face for my messages that I see everywhere but its not on my droid x. What do I have to get off the market to get this? Sorry just got the phone and its drivin me nuts
Thanks

OP
J

jmoock

Reaction score
Its not in app drawer. Looks like its the native messaging icon for some phones but I guess not for the droid X. Ive tried adw and can't get it to go. Am I missing something, its just the green talk box with a smileyface on it...

erict

Reaction score
Just looked on my x and don't see it as well. What does it look like and do?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That looks like a vanilla android mockup, so that is google mms. Since we have blur we have blur mms instead.

tappin and a talkin

BodyBagz

Reaction score
its this message icon

http://a.fsdn.com/gc/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/motorola_droid_front_homescreen.jpg

its on a motorola here so i dunno why I cant pull it up...
Well, I have a Droid X, which is stock, not ROM`d or themed, and that is not the Stock Messaging App Icon...I dont know where that icon comes from.

Below is the stock messaging icon found on my Droid X...as well as the Stock Text Messaging icon...

01111014255963052490.png
28714497905036629783.png

Last edited:

turdbogls

Reaction score
easiest way to do this is to download this file from your phone. it is the stock messaging icon you are looking for.
ic_launcher_smsmms.png

Open up your messaging app and then close it (this speeds things up a bit later in the process)

download shorter cut from the market (bettercut will also work, but i dont use it so i am not sure of the process)

make sure you have an open spot on the screen, longpress on the screen and add a shortcut
scroll down to shorter cut (better cut)

choose recent activity, then choose the messaging app. (if you didnt open the app before this step go to shortcut, applications, then choose it from the list of apps, this take a while to load all the apps and find the one you want)

then click change icon, choose image picker (NOT the cropped one), navigate to the icon you downloaded (should be in the sd/download folder) and click on it.

change the name if you want to. and click create shortcut.

and enjoy the green icon :)

Last edited: