Merging Google contact info with calender?

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Hi, is there a app to merge google contact birthday dates into the calender? I'm looking for something that can let me know of upcoming birthdays and holidays on my Moto-droid. I've entered all of my family and friends birthdays and anniversaries into the Google contact manager, I just don't know how to see this info in the calender. I've checked the market and had no luck yet, and I don't want to miss any of these dates. So, if anyone knows what app I need or knows what I'm doing wrong, please let me know.

jkahle

Reaction score
I dont know how to help you but i was wondering how you imported your contacts to your phone using your google, if you did that. Would help me out alot though.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi, is there a app to merge google contact birthday dates into the calender? I'm looking for something that can let me know of upcoming birthdays and holidays on my Moto-droid. I've entered all of my family and friends birthdays and anniversaries into the Google contact manager, I just don't know how to see this info in the calender. I've checked the market and had no luck yet, and I don't want to miss any of these dates. So, if anyone knows what app I need or knows what I'm doing wrong, please let me know.

Not sure if it works with anniversaries but you can have your google calendar display birthdays with a setting in the on-line calendar application. Using your computer (or accessing your gmail calendar via a browser) you should be able to find the setting.

P.S. Just checked. It does work with anniversaries and it's under settings in your calendar.

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Yes, I did import my contacts from Google contact manager but, I'm not sure how to do or show this info on my calenders. I have two different calenders, corperate and regular I just can't figure out which to use for this. The corperate one does ask for a e-mail and password. I tried to use my Gmail and password with no luck. Is the setting in the online contact manager or the phone? Can I find the Google calender online?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, I did import my contacts from Google contact manager but, I'm not sure how to do or show this info on my calenders. I have two different calenders, corperate and regular I just can't figure out which to use for this. The corperate one does ask for a e-mail and password. I tried to use my Gmail and password with no luck. Is the setting in the online contact manager or the phone? Can I find the Google calender online?

Yes, you can. Sorry if I wasn't clear. You need to go to mail.google.com, login to your account there and access your calendar from there. Once you've accessed your calendar, go to settings and you should find the means to add your contacts' birthdays and anniversaries to your calendar. They'll show up on your Droid.

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Ok, I've tried the suggestions above and had no luck. I've already entered all my birthday and anniversary info into the Google contact manager,why would I even need to re-enter this again for the calender? I mean why can't Google cross reference the info when tied to a gmail account. I was looking for a calender for regular US holidays as well. I maybe asking too much from a phone.

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
I think I have it figured out. Thanks to jsh1120.:icon_ banana::icon_ banana: