Merge Corp Calendar and Google Calendar?

Canefan

Reaction score
Here's my situation

My company has started putting my work schedule on it's Exchange Server which is then pushed to my phone. I can access my schedule easily on my phone using the Corporate Calendar app or Touchdown.

Prior to this I was manually inputting my schedule on my Google calendar which my wife could then access from home. This way she would always know what days I would be working late. She also would put items into my calendar that I needed to know about and these items would appear on my calendar on the phone. Now that I am receiving my calendar automatically from work I want to get this info into Google calendar so that she can see it. I have searched and searched but have been unable to find a solution to merge the two calendars. Anyone have any ideas?

number6

Reaction score
Google Calendar Sync is an app from Google that, not surprisingly, syncs your Outlook and Google calendars. It runs on your desktop and acts as a conduit between Outlook and GCalendar. Once it's set up, all you need to do is open your GCalendar on your Droid; everything from both calendars should be there. Of course, this assumes you have Outlook installed and configured with your Exchange server on your desktop. (Sorry I didn't include a link; doing so on my Droid is hard enough, but trying to do so on my Droid while on a moving train....)

I played with this for a while and it seemed to work OK; has settings for one-way and two-way syncing, conflict resolution, etc. In the end, tho, I just setup the default corp mail app to connect to our Exchange calendar. I do have to flip back and forth between the default Calender app (GCalendar) and the Corp Calendar (Exchange) but it's not too onerous (for me anyway).

REMilk

Reaction score
If you use Pure Calendar, you can have your cake and eat it too. With Pure Calendar, you can have a merged view, and you still keep both your corporate and personal calendars separate.

Bob

jbsangel

Reaction score
If you use Pure Calendar, you can have your cake and eat it too. With Pure Calendar, you can have a merged view, and you still keep both your corporate and personal calendars separate.

Bob
That doesn't solve his problem of getting his work appointments on his google calendar for the wife to see. It just allows him to see all his appointments on one widget on the homescreen.

I believe your best bet is google calendar sync.

straylight

Reaction score
I'm in the same position , Google calendar sync solved my issues.

The program is also 2 way, so it lets you edit your calendar events as well.

This program actually made Outlook tolerable since I didn't have to deal with it directly.

mydroyd

Reaction score
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but you would need to have your desktop up and running for this to really be effective, correct?

In other words, if both of my calendars are currently synced and my home computer is off while I'm out of town, any changes I make to either calendar will not be synced until I get home and turn my PC back on.

Am I understanding correctly?

number6

Reaction score
Yes, that's how I found it to behave; Outlook has to be running for the sync to work. I usually leave my work PC on all the time anyway, so it wasn't a big deal for me to leave Outlook running as well. But this might not be feasible for everyone. Also, it was a year ago when I was messing with this, so there might have been changes/upgrades in the interim that I'm not aware of.

napa

Reaction score
sync

I'm in the same position , Google calendar sync solved my issues.

The program is also 2 way, so it lets you edit your calendar events as well.

This program actually made Outlook tolerable since I didn't have to deal with it directly.

I've found a program which I like better than Google Sync2. that program is called Sync2. it syncs Outlook calendar and/or contacts items with Google. it works both ways and it also allows to sync Outlook data between PCs (this feature is important because I also plan to sync my Outlook between 2PCs not only with Google)