1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

menu bar and soft keys burn in

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by Namrepus221, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Namrepus221

Namrepus221 New Member

OK I just noticed this on my screen. But the area where the soft keys and the notification bar are. My screen is a little lighter than normal. I haven't noticed it till now.

Is this an issue with the nexus and I can get a warrenty replacement for it right?
  2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Had my Nexus since launch day and not burn-in. You must've left it on for quite some time.

Not sure if you can get a replacement for it, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
  3. Namrepus221

Namrepus221 New Member

Well looking at a few other places. It looks like it's image retention, and not burn in. If I look at a fully grey website I found and turn the phone clockwise the line is where the softkeys are and there is even a little bit of the 3 buttons left but those fade away after a few moments leaving the band where the parts to the screen are pure black.. However on the opposite side of the phone there is some banding from the notification bar.

Apparently this is a "known" issue with the type of screen used. But honestly, I'm still gonna take it to the store in the morning and see if I can't put this warrenty to good use.
Search tags for this page
android menu bar burn in
droid razr image burn in black

galaxy s3 menu soft key

galaxy s3 soft keys

nexus menu bar

on-screen keys burn in droid
on-screen keys burn in on razr hd
s3 burn in menu bar

samsung s3 image burned into screen

soft keys burning into screen

softkeys screen burn in