memory

buddy

Reaction score
Just got my Droid in January. Already getting a 'low memory' message!

OP
B

buddy

Reaction score
I've got about 130 installed. Cleared cache on all apps, only about 3 mgs.

I still have the "low memory" in the task bar. Guess it's time to delete apps.

Riley

Reaction score
I had the same problem. One app that was killing my internal memory was google earth. I uninstalled it and gained like 20+ MB.

Big Cam

Reaction score
Earth is the largest app I've ever seen.

Can you honestly tell me that you use all 130 apps??

I have proabably 50 or so and I have 135megs free and I probably use 10 or less on a regualr basis.

Remember when clearing the cache on your apps to change the filter to ALL. The browser and youtube hold alot of cache, almost 20 between the two if you use them both.

OP
B

buddy

Reaction score
nah...I know I don't use all 130 apps. Tend to download several in the same "genre" and play with them till I decide which I like.

Decision time I guess...and delete time.

Yep...I saw Earth is HUGE! And honestly...do I use it that much.

Big Cam

Reaction score
nah...I know I don't use all 130 apps. Tend to download several in the same "genre" and play with them till I decide which I like.

Decision time I guess...and delete time.

Yep...I saw Earth is HUGE! And honestly...do I use it that much.
You're going to laugh at me but I got all up in arms when my memory dropped below 100mb, so I went through and looked at all the junk I had and I deleted like 10mb worth and then clearing the cache on ALL apps freed up another 20mb easily. The browser adn youtube one are ones that hide it well.

I do the same thing, I download 5 note apps and see which one I like. I also went through apps that I thought I liked and said, honestly, whens the last time I used itk? plus all these apps are just a quick download away.

Good luck freeing up space, just think in 2 years when we all get new droids, we'll surely have at least 1gb of memory.

Cheers

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Worh paying special attention to gmail storage (which you see only if you filer:all for the applications.) It can yield the low memory warning even if you have plenty of memory available. Ran into the problem and cleared the data and cache and haven't experienced the problem since.