Memory viewed via Advance Task Killer? Only 98MB? Confused

TheCyclist

Reaction score
I have two droids in my family plan. Mine and my Girlfriends and when I use Advance Task Killer on her phone to shutdown Facebook and pretty much everything she goes up to 125MB. Mine on the other hand doesn't ever break 100MB. She actually has more apps installed than me also.

Anyone know why mine won't go above 100MB? Also, could there be a chance that something else is still running or using the memory without me seeing it in Task Killer?

Thanks. Any advice is good advice.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
widgets take up a lot of the memory... i have quite a few, and my Droid usually has 50-70mb free

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
That shows your the amount of free memory, so apparently you have more apps running in the background then your girlfriend does. Some processes will start right back up, even after you kill them.

OP
TheCyclist

TheCyclist

Reaction score
Even when I shut them all down via Task Killer, I can never get it to go above 100mb. Is there a way I can find what else is eating my memory?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
cyclist: disable/remove all widgets... and check it out

OP
TheCyclist

TheCyclist

Reaction score
cyclist: disable/remove all widgets... and check it out

I just shut down all my Widgets (Calendar/Google Search/Power Bar) and still nothing. Do I have to uninstall them maybe?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OP
TheCyclist

TheCyclist

Reaction score
I'm more concerned about the phone running apps in the background and syncing up to the internet while draining my battery. Also, I do kill off Advanced Task Killer every time after I shut down apps.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you notice a difference in performance of the phone from your girlfriend's? if not then I wouldn't worry what 'number' your free mem is at... if it's running good it shouldn't matter :)

OP
TheCyclist

TheCyclist

Reaction score
Do you notice a difference in performance of the phone from your girlfriend's? if not then I wouldn't worry what 'number' your free mem is at... if it's running good it shouldn't matter :)

I don't notice a performance issue but I definitely notice a decrease in battery life. That's the main reason I am on the hunt of this battery problem.

Another random question for readers: Is using the Auto Brightness better on the battery than just setting it all the way low?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I find I have better battery with auto brightness.

ATK uses battery resources... also it might not be the number of apps that's making the difference... see what apps you have that she doesn't as that might be causing the battery issue.

also.... do you use the phone more?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You guys must have way more apps than me I just looked and mine says 234mb available

radsaq

Reaction score
Memory is there to be used. If it's idle, it's not doing anything useful.

If you're worried about applications updating too frequently, go through all of your apps and set their update frequencies to the minimum.