1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Memory Usage Preset Menu

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by jaitken0308, Mar 10, 2011.

1. jaitken0308

jaitken0308 New Member

I just flashed GSB 1.9, and I have a question about the Memory Usage Preset menu.

(Menu > Preferences > Advanced Settings > Memory Usage Settings > Memory Usage Settings)

What exactly is this, and what should it be set on?

And also, in another completely different direction, I've installed Set CPU. I noticed that the CM settings had a menu to tinker with the clock settings, so I wasn't sure if I even needed Set CPU, but I installed it anyway to use the profiles. Now I've noticed that whatever is set in Set CPU shows up in the CM settings also. So do I even need Set CPU? If not, how else can I set profiles?
  2. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

I see GSB 1.9 LauncherPro as the launcher. Those Memory Usage Settings are a part of the Launcher, and not the rom, and since I don't use LauncherPro I can't really comment on how those presets would work.

And there really is not way to have the fine control over how profiles work through setCPU. No other app, to my knowledge, does profiles as well as SetCPU has, and if you like having profiles then I would keep SetCPU, as it does no harm having them both checked to set on boot (but unchecking set on boot in the cm settings controls will only have SetCPU controlling the clock speed, and vice-versa). I myself keep SetCPU for certain profiles like when plugged in or when the heat gets to a certain point. The choice is up to you :)
  3. pdroid

pdroid New Member

You might get better support in a thread/section dedicated to this ROM. Quick googling suggests androidforums or xda.
Search tags for this page

android memory presets

android memory usage settings memory usage preset下

android ram preset

what are memory usage preset launcher pro

what exactly is memory usage

what to set your memory usage preset to