1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Memory Question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by PARick, Mar 10, 2011.

1. PARick

PARick New Member

I have the following apps on my phone:

Touchdown
    Go SMS
    Yahoo Mail
    BobClockD3
    Pandora
    Daily Bible
    ZDBox
    Scorecenter
    SlideIt
    SetCPU
    Fancy Widgets Pro

The rest of my apps are on my SD Card. Essentially, I only have the apps on the phone that utilize a widget that I use. I don't think that is that many apps. I have gone in and uninstalled some non-essential system apps. Yet, I still have around 29 mb free space. I am getting alot of low space notices. Does this sound right? Could there be a memory-eater somewhere that I am missing? I am running PE 4.2, and I do regularly do a davlik cache wipe that helps, but this just seems odd. Any insight or advice is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  2. PARick

PARick New Member

Shameless bump.
  3. mattchenzo

mattchenzo New Member

hmm

not familiar with some of those apps, but I am assuming that you add up the sizes of those and it's nowhere near the total amount of memory you have, right? you do know that even when you install an app to your SD card, small parts of it stay on your internal memory, right? I dont know details of what or why, but I assume they are the parts that tell the system where to find the rest of the files, or something along those lines... a 5-10 MB app will usually still leave somewhere around 500 KB of info on the internal memory... something like that, the numbers may not be exact...

But you said "all my other apps are on the SD card"... is this like a hundred apps or something? That could definitely do it... if not, im out of my league, you will need an answer with someone who knows what they are talking about, lol...
  4. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Assuming you're still having problems...

Most apps leave a residue in the internal memory. For example, the Nook app leaves over 7MB in internal memory under FroYo, which PE still mostly is.

Clear out your dialer storage and all your old texts. See where you stand then.